Honored Contributor

Thanks for Sharing program-Macy’s

Anyone participate in this?  It’s for Macy’s credit card holders. I did it last year, for the first time, and plan to sign up again this year. Sign up starts tomorrow, 8/28. 

You pay $25 and they donate $10 of that to 5 different charities.  Then, between sign up date through December 31st, you receive 10% cash back for most Macy’s purchases. Your reward comes in mid February (or around  that time) in the form of a Macy’s gift card.  

I was kind of confused about it all when I signed up last year, but a Clinique rep talked me into it.  Ok, sure... I’ll join. Whatever. 

Let’s just say that when I received my gift card in mid-February, I was really, really pleased.  Benefitted charities and benefitted me.  

Signup starts tomorrow and I plan to sign up tomorrow. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks for Sharing program-Macy’s

No, I’d rather donate to charities I choose without Macy’s getting a tax write off using my money. 

And a 10% discount is not an incentive for me. I get Macy’s coupons through out the year worth more than that. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

No, I’d rather donate to charities I choose without Macy’s getting a tax write off using my money. 

And a 10% discount is not an incentive for me. I get Macy’s coupons through out the year worth more than that. 

@deeva - I used my coupons also.  This is on top of that.  You get both,

As for the charities, I’m fine with those they donate to. They include Make A Wish, March of Dimes and The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation and two others.

I’m not trying to talk anyone into this.  Just putting the information out there. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Occasional Contributor

I've been doing Thanks for Sharing for the past 10 years. It's great that Macy's has been raising money for different charities. It only costs $25 to join and you usually get coupons when you sign up. The added benefit is getting the gift card when the program is over. I do alot of holiday shopping at Macy's for this reason. Just remember that they not only  add up your purchases but also will deduct for any returns made between the time frame.

Respected Contributor

I join every year even though I don't shop much at Macy's anymore. I like the idea of contributing to charity even when I'm not thinking about it in addition to my normal contributions.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Yes, the Macy's program is a WIN-WIN  for everybody!  This is a special bonus if one is making a larger puchase (e.g. jewelry), as the gift card will allow for another future purchase!