Honored Contributor

Thankful for Our Fireplace!

[ Edited ]

It's currently 62* in our house!  It was a balmy 66* earlier today. The furnace kicks on, but doesn't warm up, it's blowing cool air.  Needless to say, I'll be staying downstairs tonight and stoking the blaze.  Our heating guy will be here at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning. 🥶 

Respected Contributor

Re: Thankful for Our Fireplace!

Time for an electric blanket!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

Time for an electric blanket!

@spumoni99  I have one of those heated cape type things that I use for my shoulders and back. I may have to use that tonight too.  My sister-in-law's house csught fire from an electric blanket that was left on. This was decades ago so hope they have better safety features now.  DH probably wouldn't want one anyway.  I layer up at night and he's fine with one blanket. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch    I've always been afraid of an electric blanket too.  I have heard of them catching on fire.  

I'm sure the incidents of that happening are rare but I just never wanted to take the chance.   

I did buy an electric throw many years ago and have never used it. It just sits in my cedar chest.  

I hope your heat is fixed tomorrow.  There's nothing more miserable than being cold.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i had an electric blanket years ago when I lived close to the mountains; loved using it during the really cold, snowy winters. I didn't know they even still sold electric blankets.  I have become a fan of a weighted blanket that I received as a gift last year. I hope your heat is back on asap. Stay warm by the fire!

Honored Contributor

😲Oh no!  I am crossing everything crossable that your heating guy is there EARLY!🤞🤞

I have very low tolerance to cold, and sincerely HOPE your fireplace will keep you nice and toasty through the night!!🔥🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Lots of luck @JeanLouiseFinch 

Respected Contributor

My husband uses an electric blanket every night, it does have an auto shutoff.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

😲Oh no!  I am crossing everything crossable that your heating guy is there EARLY!🤞🤞

I have very low tolerance to cold, and sincerely HOPE your fireplace will keep you nice and toasty through the night!!🔥🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

The family room is nice and warm, @SandySparkles.  Thanks. The rest of the house is still chilly. I'm waiting to see if DH gives in and decides to come down. 

Valued Contributor

Happy to see you making the best of a not so great situation!  Have fun "camping" tonight and I hope for the best for you bright and early in the morning!!