Esteemed Contributor

Thank you to those who posted on my Cleaning Lady thread

I cannot seem to find the thread now, maybe it got poofed, but that's ok, I just want to thank you all who posted about your cleaning ladies and your experiences and prices etc. and I got a lot of good ideas from you - and just want you to know that I appreciate your posts. If there was anything nasty on there, I never saw it, but it seems to be gone now. Thursday she comes (Gift Cert.) and she's going to steam clean my laminate floors. I asked her if laminate can be steam cleaned and she said, Absolutely.

Valued Contributor

Re: Thank you to those who posted on my Cleaning Lady thread

It's still there!

Esteemed Contributor

I would reconsider steam cleaning laminate floors. I called our Home Depot when I got my steamer and they DO NOT recommend steam cleaning laminate. The heat can cause the problem, not the moisture necessarily.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering about that too, twopeas. But she seems to know it's okay.

Trusted Contributor

Don't think I'd steam clean mine either.

Super Contributor

Adding to no steam cleaning on laminate. That was my first question when we got laminate, how to take care of it. I was told the heat will wear away the top material on the laminate. I mop once a week with a slightly damp microfiber mop. Occasionally I add a little vinegar for disinfecting purposes. I would check with the manufacturer of your laminate just to make sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok thanks for the heads up - I had a funny feeling about the steam cleaner on our laminate floors, so I called the company and yes, NO - it's not recommended. So I'll just have to tell that lady not to use it next week.