Esteemed Contributor

Thank you to those who gave colonoscopy prep advice

I just wanted to say thank you to those who gave colonoscopy prep advice months ago on the old Viewpoints boards. My husband had his done Monday (and I go in 2 weeks).

I told him the suggestions you all made as to cut back on foods a few days ahead of the prep and the tips you gave to make the drink go down better, and well everything.

My husband did the suggestions and the prep (while not pleasant), was much easier than we heard from friends and family members, due to your advice.

Other than being hungry on the day of, my husband breezed right through prep the day before, and the test!

And, I am happy to report he is totally clear and doesn't have to go back for 10 years!

I hope and pray mine goes as smooth. (I am a bit worried because I have health issues, he doesn't, except for his asthma/allergies).

But anyway thanks again for the info on here. And that goes for not just this info, but lots of info people give each other on here for many things. That's one of the reasons I like these boards.

There are helpful knowledgeable people on here!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Contributor

Re: Thank you to those who gave colonoscopy prep advice

I'm so happy that all went well for your DH and wish the same for you.  I have a colonoscopy in my future and would love to hear the tips to make the prep easier if you could share.

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear it was a breeze for you DH & hope yours is the same. I have never had one done & am way past due. I doubt I could drink that stuff without throwing up. I hate needles & my biggest fear of having it done would be the IV. Thye never can find my veins & think I'm a pin cushion.

Trusted Contributor

Shorty ~ How nice of you to take the time and come back to say "Thank you" to those that gave advice.  So glad to hear your hubby did well and wish the same for you!

Honored Contributor

WOW - such FAB news for your DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was one who chimed in I'm pretty sure on your prior blog. 

Allow me to say something to you that I hope eases your mind for your check up despite your health isues.  This may be a bold statement however I believe that if you have pretty normal stools now on a very regular basis, regularly formed, all is a good step in the right direction. 

Good luck with your test.  I hope your results  will be as great as your DH. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Glad to hear it was a breeze for you DH & hope yours is the same. I have never had one done & am way past due. I doubt I could drink that stuff without throwing up. I hate needles & my biggest fear of having it done would be the IV. Thye never can find my veins & think I'm a pin cushion.

I cannot drink anything either, terrible gagger, I took pills. Also, tell them to put the IV in your hand, works for me.

Honored Contributor

@goldengirl

I found that refrigerating the prep solution after it was made helped a lot with the drinkng of it. Also holding your nose helps too as you don't taste the 'saltiness' of the solution.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼