Respected Contributor

Thank you for the normal nails, Sandra

Yes, it's all a matter of taste. I get that. Store those bullets, please. 😀

They must have an ongoing contest for who can display the most distracting nail polish.  It may be the current trend but in my opinion, if your job is to show details to people on tv, it might be a good idea to have those potential buyers focus on the item you're trying to sell instead of the strange color patterns on each one of your nails as you point to the features on the item.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you for the normal nails, Sandra

[ Edited ]

Yea !

In general, I am not a fan of faux nails. Research studies have shown how much bacteria or fungus grows around those fake nails .  There were research studies that found that some nurses with long faux nails were speading pathogens to patients.

NIH web site has several articles . One reserach study concluded :

" Artificial fingernails were more likely to harbor pathogens, especially gram-negative bacilli and yeasts, than native nails. The longer artificial nails were worn, the more likely that a pathogen was isolated. Current recommendations restricting artificial fingernails in certain healthcare settings appear justified. "

Honored Contributor

Remember the old days when hosts spoke of getting memos for just wearing red polish?  Times have surely changed, but there was a good reason for the memos. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Yes!    There are a lot of cute trends but they are not all appropriate when you are presenting on tv.      Some look like a second grader di they nails...poorly.    Have fun with it but please do on your own time, hosts! 

Respected Contributor

Seems like shopping channels are turning into entertainment channels while they try to entice you to buy all the stuff you really don't need!  Some hosts are really over the top.   I am getting very bored with it.  I am watching much less and spending less too!  

Honored Contributor

I've enjoyed seeing the different nail designs.  I do remember when all the hosts wore neutral colors only.  However, the fancy designs do not distract me in the least from purchasing. 

Honored Contributor

My buying decision has nothing to do with the hosts manicure.  While some of the hosts nail choice would not be my choice, there is nothing that bad that I can't stand looking at while they are presenting, as long as they are clean and tidy looking.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Seems like shopping channels are turning into entertainment channels while they try to entice you to buy all the stuff you really don't need!  Some hosts are really over the top.   I am getting very bored with it.  I am watching much less and spending less too!  

I read an earlier comment from someone asking for a host, and when they were returning.  There seems to be a lot of people who watch QVC and think it is an entertainment network, not a shopping network. They are also just as entertained by what the host wear, how they behave, whether they eat the food, and their nail polish. (And they want to know the nail polish color.)

Respected Contributor

I watched Sandra's show today, and all I could do was shake my head it was so confusing, she was so disorganized.  Don't hosts have an opportunity to see and learn the products before they present them?  Is it possible that they have done that, but then the products are not set up in the form that their notes are?

It was really painful to watch. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum The opportunity to review what they will be selling?  YES

Some host have been there so long.....too long..........appears they just 'flip it'.  Lots of sloppy-ness going on in recent years.

Can't even remove article of clothing on a rack to show the colors and workmenship.

Channel changer............