Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you for the normal nails, Sandra

What is "normal?" Something I would do or wear? 

Their nails, their design choice.   It has not distracted me at all.  Just keep them clean and neat.

The only time I was very distracted was when a host neglected to get her manicure done at all, and her nails were atrocious.  Her cuticles were dry & ragged, and her polish chipped.  She was doing a jewelry show, so it was awful.  Probably a last minute show for her, with no time to get a manicure.  I have not seen that happen again.

Honored Contributor

Good grief just because some find them distracting the hosts should not have some fun with their nails?  How absurd!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I kind of expected two very different views on this subject. I am not a fan of nails that aren't "normal" and they are distracting when showing items. My niece came for the holidays with "different" nails and she was so proud of them; I didn't know what to say I was so shocked. Each nail was in a different color with the white tips done in white. I told her they looked great...but I didn't believe myself, I only hoped she believed me. It may be my age but I love to see well manicured nails, all in one color. I remember in a jewelry show that a host had all her nails in one color but it was a horrible color for her skin tone (or it may have been the lighting) and it turned into all I could see instead of the jewelry she was presenting. Just my opinion, don't throw anything Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Their nails don't bother me at all. I don't expect others to do their nails, style their hair, or dress, my way.