Respected Contributor

Thank goodness for new technology!

My children and their families have always shared the holidays with me rather going to my daughter's home or my son's home or my home for dinner. Since we could not be together on Easter Sunday my daughter decided we would connect through zoom. Unfortunately she could not get the connection to work so we all ended up on Facetime which worked out quite well. I was so happy to be able to see them all together including my new daughter-in-law. My 4 yr old grandson was so excited to see everyone on the phone that he started dancing. Next year we will all be together again in person. I will stand on that belief !  Anyone else use Facebook, zoom or google duo to connect with family?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank goodness for new technology!

I've used Face Time before. Lately, including last night, I've used Houseparty. Same type thing.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes We used Zoom to connect with my son's family in Pittsburgh and my daughter's family in western Maryland. It was chaotic, but lots of fun!! We'll definitely do this again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

My children and their families have always shared the holidays with me rather going to my daughter's home or my son's home or my home for dinner. Since we could not be together on Easter Sunday my daughter decided we would connect through zoom. Unfortunately she could not get the connection to work so we all ended up on Facetime which worked out quite well. I was so happy to be able to see them all together including my new daughter-in-law. My 4 yr old grandson was so excited to see everyone on the phone that he started dancing. Next year we will all be together again in person. I will stand on that belief !  Anyone else use Facebook, zoom or google duo to connect with family?  

@Goodie2shoes  Yes, with family in Australia. FaceTime 

Honored Contributor

FaceTime here.  We even included those by phone in the group holiday pic. 🥰

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  We did zoom too at our houses.

I have a daughter in Denver, one in Florida and one in Fairfax, Va.  I live closer to the one in Virginia.

We talked, laughed and reminisced about family jokes only we know about.

I used to conduct seminars.  It was mandatory that all attend (my husband too) about things such as putting a new toilet paper roll on the spool.  That was one that was repeated.

We all have the same sense of humor.  My grandchildren popped in here and there.

It was fun.  We speak to each other anyway a few times a week but we aren't usually all together doing it.

Texting is our favorite mode otherwise.  All of us get the same texts.

I totally agree with @Goodie2shoes  It was a nice day and thank goodness for modern technology.

Honored Contributor

FaceTime

Regarding Zoom, our local news has advised not to use because of security flaws especially among the teachers & students.  Almost all of them have been hacked.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

my daughter is using zoom for college for over a month now.

so far, no glitches or issues for her or her professors.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I've used Face Time before. Lately, including last night, I've used Houseparty. Same type thing.  

@gidgetgh 

i was thinking about downloading that HOUSEPARTY app.

how was it?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh 

i was thinking about downloading that HOUSEPARTY app.

how was it?

@sunshine45  easy and so much fun. We visiting for quite awhile and then played games-trivia, Pictionary and another one. There were 5 of us, in 5 different locations. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?