Esteemed Contributor

Thank You to All Nurses & Staff

[ Edited ]

Last Friday night I started having severe abdominal pains. I called the doctor and he told me to go to the ER immediately. I waited til Saturday morning - when it was daylight. Fortunately, I have a roomie in my house that was able to take care of my little lhasa!!! I spent 5 nights in the Hospital and had the most amazing, caring Nurses - and Staff. They were able to alleviate my bowel obstruction without surgery. I was wheeled to my car and I drove home Thursday morning. Boy - am I independent!!!!!

Today is the first day I'm feeling "normal."

Last year I met a great friend Pat on Nextdoor dot com. She visited me every day -- and today she came to my house to bring my prescription and ice cream - and I presented her with a little gift bag of L'Occitane Products and Foam Hand Lotion from Costco.. 

How do we get thru these unexpected events????

The Best Part??? I watched QVC over the 5 days and 5 nights -- and it made my stay bearable. Thank You QVC!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank You to All Nurses & Staff

Glad you are feeling better...... stay well 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah, I am glad you had a happy ending to a very scary time.  Yes, there are so many dedicated medical personnel out there to take care of us.  We are so lucky, and I am glad you are home resting after this ordeal.  And that you have people who care about you, as well as a fur baby.

Honored Contributor

@kivah YES, you ARE INDEPENDENT! Cheers to you, and congrats that you came through so well.

Hope you are in a spot where the improving weather elevates and maintains your inspiring optimism!

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you are on the mend after such an ordeal, @kivah.  These medical incidents, when they strike, can be terrifying and so disrupting.

Nurses and medical personnel can make all the difference.  In some cases, you can almost see a light of caring shining through them-- you can tell that their highest calling is in ministering to others, trying to alleviate pain and fear.  Precious, compassionate people!

Your story is inspiring.

Esteemed Contributor

kivah, I hope that you are feeling better real soon.  You are so right about nurses and doctors.  They have been Angels to my DH and me too.

In September while we were visiting our ds & ddil in the Boston area, my DH suddenly become very ill.  We had to head for home 11 days early & just got into OH  when I heeded their advice and went to a hospital.  He was diagnosed with Legionaire's Disease & pneumonia & had to spend 3 days there. The nurse took out the extra bed and brought in a chaise lounge. I stayed right in his room.  He is doing well.

In January of this year as I was finishing up with dinner, I felt like I couldn't breathe.  We headed to the ER & I was diagnosed with a PE (Pulmonary Embolism).  A piece of a blood clot broke off and was on my lung.  Whew!  I am on a blood thinner and back to normal.  The Dr's & nurses were fabulous.  

Our DD is a RN (now a stay at home mom). our ddil is a CC nurse in the Boston area and our ds is a chiropractor and a physical therapist.  They have been so helpful to us with their wealth of information.

Honored Contributor

so glad you are doing much better and had a 5 star hospital stay.

Honored Contributor

Scary stuff and I bet extremely painful. Glad you've had a complete recovery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@violann 

I live in Oxnard, CA (southern Calif) - it's 6PM, 58 degrees and cloudy. To me - it's gorgeous every day. I'm an optimist and I told my friend Pat - if I'm not funny - then I'm sick. 

I grew up in NYC/Brooklyn until I moved to Calif. when I was 25 yrs old. So I remember those cold harsh winters and humid summers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

I'm 78 yrs young and one of the nurses who took care of me (she's around 35 yrs old) told me that I'm her inspiration.