Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@makena wrote:

Are you thanking HSN really, or just ribbing QVC????  $10 is really not that big of a gesture.  It's like getting a 10% off ... a spit in the bucket.

um no, it isn't necessarily. If you only order a $20 item it is technically 50% off. And I'd rather have that "spit in the bucket" than no spit and no bucket like QVC offers...which means they don't offer ZIP! A little off is always better than NOTHING. A small gesture is always better than NO gesture and is certainly appreciated, or at least should be.

@HappyDaze, yeah it would be if you don't have to pay S&H.  What can you buy on HSN that costs 10.00 with no S&H? Nothing.

@HappyDaze I get coupons from HSN quite a bit and if nothing else I use them on make-up.  I have never paid s/h on make-up through HSN yo date.  $10 off a $30 make-up item with free shipping is a MUCH BETTER deal than I will get at Q, Sephora, or Ulta. 

Respected Contributor

"It is still a nice gesture and something QVC never does. MOST people appreciate it."

Oh I get it.  I appreciate many things but if I really wanted my appreciation know, I'd be posting this on HSN and not QVC forums.  People do this with ulterior motives.  It's not going to get them anything from QVC if they've never gotten an offer by now. 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

Are you thanking HSN really, or just ribbing QVC????  $10 is really not that big of a gesture.  It's like getting a 10% off ... a spit in the bucket.

I think it's the thought that counts.  Customers like to know they are appreciated.  I have purchased perfume and some stores like Macy's use to give a little free sample of a perfume.  I thought it was great customer service.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I'll take a $10.00 coupon over a 20% coupon any day. 

At no point can 20% off be more than $10.00?  Yes, the 20% off coupon for HSN is limited to $25.00.  Anyway, either is ok if that's what they give. I think I read where HSN lost a lot of money because of their lowered S&H charges.  That may change.  They do what they have to in order to turn a profit.

@itiswhatitis

I know about the limits on the HSN coupon and it's not that the $10.00 has more value, it's that you know what you'll receive - no gimmicks or limits.

I've been a QVC customer since 1992 and poo poo'd the idea of shopping at HSN. Within the last few years, I've shopped more with HSN vs. QVC for many reasons.  I still shop QVC but it has to be something I can't get anywhere else, the price has to be competitive and quality great.  

QVC "lost me" as a customer years ago when their quality began to slip, lack of variety and trying to make hosts "our friends." 

HSN on the other hand hired a female CEO and she brought in a ton of new vendors, diversity, variety and kept favorites. I like that they charge NO s/h on shoes and have special pricing and deals on beauty.  For the past few months, I receive coupons via email. 

There are many, many, many on line sites plus a variety of shopping channels to choose from, we can shop them all. 

Ok, ok @MyGirlsMom, good for the new female CEO and all the rest.  I shop at HSN a lot.  I don't shop at the Q and haven't in a long time.  It's a long story about why I stopped shopping here so much.

Anyway I don't see how the coupon has anything to do with the new CEO when HSN has always had coupons of some sort.  This didn't just happen.  Your reasoning on why you'd take $10.00 over $25.00 is your right I just didn't understand it.  The 20% off is usually for an item at least $50.00 or more.  Clearly $10 off an item that is 50 is $40.00.  However, 20% off of 50.00 is still $10.00 no difference.  At least with a 20% off code so I see no difference there. 

There are all kinds of restrictions on those coupon codes.  No "this day only's, no today's specials, can't be combined with other sales, no sale items no yada, yada, yada.  The coupons are very restrictive.  Just head over to the forum space and read and enjoy whatever coupons you can get.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis

Have a nice day. Smiley Happy

To each her own

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@makena wrote:

um no, it isn't necessarily. If you only order a $20 item it is technically 50% off. And I'd rather have that "spit in the bucket" than no spit and no bucket like QVC offers...which means they don't offer ZIP! A little off is always better than NOTHING. A small gesture is always better than NO gesture and is certainly appreciated, or at least should be.

@HappyDaze, yeah it would be if you don't have to pay S&H.  What can you buy on HSN that costs 10.00 with no S&H? Nothing.

What I initially said was a $20 item with $10 off. The items I want are only beauty items and they often have free shipping and handling (like right now!). Many of the beauty items are less than $30 and $20  and yes, there are even  $10 items, like mini mascaras. With the free shipping, yes, you can get an item for $10. So $10 off can actually be 50% off or even up to 100% off. I am not going to continue arguing about this as it is silly- just because it doesn't apply to the items you may want does not make it not true.

It is still a nice gesture and something QVC never does. MOST people appreciate it.

Who said you had to "argue" @HappyDaze?  What are YOU talking about? 

Also note that the free shipping beauty items don't ship from HSN warehouses (as a lot of their items don't).  The free shipping on shoes is because they don't come from HSN directly, but rather the vendor.  Just make sure you don't have to return them because you will pay dearly to do so as you get no easy return label to return the items and are left to your own money to return something. 

The point I was trying to make was as with everything else there are limits to how beneficial some items purchased with coupons will be. 

I shop there because of several clothing lines I like.  If they go, I go too.

I've shopped HSN since Terry Lewis days and Ms. Berry and the dolls.  Don't get it twisted.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Have a nice day. Smiley Happy

To each her own

Indeed @MyGirlsMom.  Just tried to figure your math is all, no big deal.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

At least they acknowledged you. I spent a lot of money with HSN--jewelry-dolls-capo-clothes etc and never got anything -even WE MISS YOU.--I don't spend much here--no petite  at lower prices from other online places--and I goon bing to get free shipping most of the time if I remember.

Honored Contributor

I recently saved $100 on purchasing a mattress from HSN, on sale for a great price less 20% off coupon with a max savings of $100, worked for me!! I topped it off with another $40 savings from Mr Rebates.

Honored Contributor

I order constantly and didn't get a coupon!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"