Respected Contributor

Thai cave rescue in progress - preliminary report: 2 boys may be out

[ Edited ]

i see some outlets are reporting that 2 are actually out - Jerusalem Post for one.  no details.  i am praying that is correct. their local media is reporting but not official from the gov't.  hope!

Respected Contributor

Re: Thai cave rescue in progress - preliminary report: 2 boys may be out

@ms traditional wrote:

i see some outlets are reporting that 2 are actually out - Jerusalem Post for one.  no details.  i am praying that is correct. their local media is reporting but not official from the gov't.  hope!

Fox News also reports two boys are out.

Respected Contributor

Reuters too - but they are depending on local media, i think.  official confirmation would be wonderful to hear.  they supposedly will go right to hospital - so  that would allow  true confirmation

Honored Contributor

I HOPE SO.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Great news....I researched the Thai cave rescue a couple of days ago and the outcome appeared bleak.  This is really exciting and I hope those that were taken to the hospital are in good health.  I'm off to take a look at the news.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From DailyMail.com:

The first two schoolboys have reportedly been brought out 'alive and well' after divers executed a carefully constructed rescue mission.

The starved and exhausted pair are receiving treatment at the cave entrance before being taken to hospital. 

An extraction team of 18 international divers started their 'extremely dangerous' operation at 10am local time after the boys' anxious families were informed.

All of the youngsters and their 25-year-old coach are expected to emerge one by one from the cave as early as 9pm if everything goes to plan, Governor Narongsak told reporters on Sunday morning.

Each boy will be accompanied by two divers on the perilous 4km (2.5miles) journey through murky waters and narrow tunnels. It's understood they will be able to walk most of the way after teams drained the water level by 30cm (12ins) last night.  

The trapped boys will be divided into four groups. The first group will have four people, with the second, third and fourth containing three people. The coach will be in the final group, according to Thai media.

The boys are trapped 800 metres below ground, which is the equivalent of two Empire State Buildings on top of one another. 

'Today is D-Day,' the governor who has led the rescue announced. 'The water level has reached the lowest it has been in ten days. We ask to pray that this operation is a success.

'The boys are physically and mentally fit to come out. All of the families have been told about today's operation.'  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5930075/18-divers-enter-Thai-cave-deadline-looms-save-trappe...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

🙏🏻⚽️🙏🏻Prayers for all people involved in the rescue operation. 🙏🏻⚽️🏊🏻‍♂️🏊🏻‍♂️

Honored Contributor

**UPDATE** Thai police chief confirms 2 boys are out!

The first two schoolboys have reportedly been brought out 'alive and well' after divers executed a carefully constructed rescue mission.

The starved and exhausted pair are receiving treatment at the cave entrance before being taken to hospital, according to a local police chief.

'Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave,' said Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai’s health department and part of the rescue team.

'We are giving them a physical examination. They have not been moved to Chiang Rai hospital yet.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5930075/18-divers-enter-Thai-cave-deadline-looms-save-trappe...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

CNN is now reporting 3 boys are out, this is the best news I have heard in a while

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

A third out and a fourth on the way!