Honored Contributor

Re: #11 boy reported rescued from Thai cave - mission ongoing GOOD NEWS

all the boys and their coach have been rescued....wonderful news.....why has this not been covered on the news at all this morning? I only learned of the good news when I got an alert on my phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

all the boys and their coach have been rescued....wonderful news.....why has this not been covered on the news at all this morning? I only learned of the good news when I got an alert on my phone.

My local CBS station reported it during the morning news as a breaking news story.  CNN did live coverage from the cave site and hospital.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:

I do not know where you live but in the East, Today kicked off their second hour with an announcement and special report.

CNN reported it shortly before that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seriously?

We’re STILL hashing out the ‘not knowing how to swim’ angle?

A Thai navy SEAL expert died.

Are we saying HE doesn’t know how to swim?

Swimming wasn’t a factor with this mission.

And....in case we don’t know....

it’s Thai folklore/culture NOT to know how to swim.

They believe it brings a greater chance of death if they DO know how.

It’s to their benefit not to know how to swim.

And lawsuit?

Nope.  They don’t live in a litigious society like America.

The coach will be deemed a hero in their community.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thai cave - - UPDATE: ALL - including KIDS/COACH ARE NOW OUT

I am only sad that the boys will not be able to attend the World Cup Final as I heard on the news that they will still be under quarantine.  Or, at least, under watchful medical care.

I am sure, though, that the FIFA will do something special for them all.

Trusted Contributor

So many prayers answered!  I was so happy to hear the news!!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess

I saw it on the news as soon as I turned on the TV this morning.

And then when I got to work, it was being shown on other news channels.  There are always a couple of TVs on there tuned to news stations.

All stations I saw were national news outlets.

Super Contributor

As far as the coach, who is to say that he is the one who led them in there?

Is it possible the kids went in first, like they wanted to explore? 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have been SO impressed with how this entire operation has been handled by the Thai authorities. They had very skilled, experienced and knowledgeable professionals working together, they kept the press at bay, they didn't go into hysterical reporting, they didn't try to conduct trite interviews with parents who waited, they brought in an international team of people to help get these boys out, and they came away with an incredible success.

I'm sure most involved will not consider themselves heroic, but looking back what they had to do to make this rescue operation the success it was, I do think there were a bunch of heroes involved! Thank goodness everyone is out and receiving medical care.

Those boys are never going to forget this experience, and I hope their lives will bloom and flourish as they grow into adulthood. AND...the coach deserves an extra thank you for keeping the boys as safe as possible during their terribly frightening time in the cave before they were found. So glad it all worked out so well!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thai cave - - UPDATE: KIDS/COACH ARE NOW OUT

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Glad they got the kids out, but soon the important questions will (and should) be asked.   

First, how is it possible that anyone living in that area of the world doesn't keep tabs on weather conditions?   That coach was completely clueless, and I wonder if they'll press charges for such recklessness .... child endangerment or something to that effect.   A man died because of his recklessness!

Secondly, just how is it possible that none of these parents thought about making sure their kids knew how to swim?    This rescue woudn't have been such a horrendous problem if these young athletes had even basic swimmng skills!   Doesn't anyone think ahead?  

JMO

@Tinkrbl44, you and I don't know enough to start  negatively conjecturing. And in the larger scheme of things, I'd much rather ponder the miracle of such a rescue. To be honest, I had little hope.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland