Honored Contributor

Re: Thai cave - - UPDATE: KIDS/COACH ARE NOW OUT

[ Edited ]

About why all of them went into the cave in the first place, I thought that a possible scenario might be that they were actually intent on having a bike ride but a pelting rain began.  Since the coach and the team had explored the cave before and were familiar with it, they dodged into it to escape the rain for a while.

However, I am thinking, the rain took on monsoon-like proportion all of a sudden and the flooding began.  Maybe they were unable to exit because of the strong rush of current toward them and so they kept fleeing further into the cave until they ended up on the land shelf.

I know there has been talk that they intentionally went into the cave to explore, but I'm thinking they initially might have gone in to seek refuge from strong rain.  It is difficult to ride a bike in the rain.  I've done that in my lifetime.   Also, why did the coach have food and drink with him when they went into the cave?  There was an intention to remain -- either to explore, as has been suggested, or to get out of the rain for a bit. 

We will soon learn why.   

Honored Contributor

I knew, when it was said CBS reported that the coach was one of the first four out, that couldn't have been true.  No way would that man leave those boys until the last one was safely out.  As it happened, he was the last one out.

There will be time for everything to be evaluated later.  Right now people should just focus on the miraculous fact that they were found and all made it out alive.

And prayers should be said for the family of the Thai Navy Seal who died.  We mustn't forget that brave man.

Esteemed Contributor

So happy this is finally ending.

Hope the boys and the coach will be fine.

So happy this was a success except for the terrible loss of the Navy SEAL.

Honored Contributor

This is a photo of the last four SEALS to leave the caves.  God bless and God speed young men!

Honored Contributor

Glad they got the kids out, but soon the important questions will (and should) be asked.   

First, how is it possible that anyone living in that area of the world doesn't keep tabs on weather conditions?   That coach was completely clueless, and I wonder if they'll press charges for such recklessness .... child endangerment or something to that effect.   A man died because of his recklessness!

Secondly, just how is it possible that none of these parents thought about making sure their kids knew how to swim?    This rescue woudn't have been such a horrendous problem if these young athletes had even basic swimmng skills!   Doesn't anyone think ahead?  

JMO

Honored Contributor

Re: Thai cave - - UPDATE: ALL - including KIDS/COACH ARE NOW OUT

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

So nice to hear some GOOD news for a change....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Great news.  I feel relieved and am thankful for those still willing to risk there lives for others.  Thankful to God, for keeping a watch over them all.

Esteemed Contributor

There are many cultures that exist where swimming is not a priority. We actually have many people in the U.S. who can't swim. As for the coach, he has quite a compelling story himself, and it doesn't appear that he would ever do anything to hurt any of those boys. He has many regrets and is carrying the burden of the whole thing. He gave up his own rations to feed those boys, and he saw to it they used water seeping into the cave from above to drink. He was orphaned early in life, losing even his sibling to death, and was in a Buddhist monastery after that. He is a monk as well as an athlete and coach. I don't think the Thai people are as vengeful as some of the observers, and it is still up in the air whether he will be charged or not. He still will have the death of the Thai Navy Seal on his conscience.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

There are many cultures that exist where swimming is not a priority. We actually have many people in the U.S. who can't swim. As for the coach, he has quite a compelling story himself, and it doesn't appear that he would ever do anything to hurt any of those boys. He has many regrets and is carrying the burden of the whole thing. He gave up his own rations to feed those boys, and he saw to it they used water seeping into the cave from above to drink. He was orphaned early in life, losing even his sibling to death, and was in a Buddhist monastery after that. He is a monk as well as an athlete and coach. I don't think the Thai people are as vengeful as some of the observers, and it is still up in the air whether he will be charged or not. He still will have the death of the Thai Navy Seal on his conscience.

@RainCityWoman

A client was telling me this morning about the coach, and how he was a monk and taught the boys how to meditate.  I didn't know that about him.  No doubt his helped the boys remain calm throughout this ordeal.

I think he should be commended.

Honored Contributor

I have just been so happy today knowing that everyone is out of that cave.

What a fantastic job done by everyone!!!