Respected Contributor

Re: Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

I'm sure everyone reading this board had major a disappointment in their life. You cried, felt bad and your parents told you to find what you're good at doing. Now days parents sue if their kids have their feelings hurt. We are failing our children by not teaching them how to deal with life.

Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 glb613 said:

I'm sure everyone reading this board had major a disappointment in their life. You cried, felt bad and your parents told you to find what you're good at doing. Now days parents sue if their kids have their feelings hurt. We are failing our children by not teaching them how to deal with life.

I so agree...we have to fail to learn. We also have to learn there are consequences for our bad behaviors and not except excuses for bad choices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Hey Croemer! good to see you and Happy Easter!

Super Contributor

On 4/20/2014 croemer said:
On 4/20/2014 glb613 said:

I so agree...we have to fail to learn. We also have to learn there are consequences for our bad behaviors and not except excuses for bad choices.

I completely agree with you Croemer and glb!!!! I was hardly a problem-child, but I still made mistakes and bad choices, and my parents reprimanded or disciplined me. We learn from mistakes, but only when there are consequences. Sugar coating everything in life helps nobody because life is not always sweet. This girl clearly is in need of a reality check, and some poor guy suffered because she was busy on her phone. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been hit by 4 drunk drivers and ended up in surgery. That B needs to grow up, have any cell use stopped for a year and thrown in jail. This was a hit and run, as she proceeded 300 feet before parking her car. Unbelievable.

Honored Contributor

I want to make a sign I can hold up that says:

Stop Texting _____le, you're driving.

And lay on my horn so they look over.

Super Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I want to make a sign I can hold up that says:

Stop Texting _____le, you're driving.

And lay on my horn so they look over.

And every time I'm driving, everybody is yakking on their cellphones and driving erratically! I wish my State would adopt the Law in Maryland - no cellphones, no texting. No excuses!