Honored Contributor

Re: Text Message pretending to be from UPS

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Thanks for the replys. This is the 1st scam text I have received so just wondering if others have received the scam.  I get many email scams and just delete those like all of you.

you will get more just delete

Trusted Contributor

I receive UPS texts daily about my packages as I buy everything online and no longer shop in stores.

I know when it's shipped, when it's expected, when it's out for delivery, where the driver is, the time they are showing up, when it's delivered, where it was placed if I'm not there, and a photo of the package/where they put it.

It's called UPS My Choice

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Set up a MYCHOICE account at UPS.com and see the packages headed your way. Block and report the email if it isn't from UPS. 

When I block an email, my computer tells me the sender's email address. If it's not legit, I block it. 

Scams are everywhere. You have to be smart about them.

Valued Contributor

I get these scam text messages all the time. Just delete them. And don't click on anything!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I got that exact same message the day before you!  It was also the first time I've ever gotten one of those on my phone.  Scammer phone calls and messages, yes.  Scammer emails, yes.  How annoying we have to deal with scammer texts, too!  I hit delete/report.

Honored Contributor

UPS DOES text if you sign up for it. Zulily along with other companies ship through UPS then switches to the USPS, this frustrates me to no end because it just makes my shipments to arrive much later. Anyway there is an online form to fill out and you have the choice to receive an email or text for notifications. 

I also prefer to send packages through my UPS store, they email and text the status of my items shipped.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

SO many of us get deliveries from UPS, it was a random choice that would get a lot of response.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma2pkmh I havn't received any message like this but thanks for the heads up! It does sound fishy Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I got that message last week--they must be in hyperactive mode, the scammers....

Reported it as junk.    As if UPS doesn't tell everyone where a package is, step by step.