QVC Customer Care

Re: Texas mom kills 2 daughters

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered controversial

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

The common denominator in traffic deaths is vehicles so lets ban cars and trucks.

Alcohol plays a part so lets prohibit it. It was a disaster last time;  perhaps it will succeed this time.

The primary purpse of a gun is killing. You don't even use it for protection unless you intend to shoot to kill. Killing is not the primary purpose of a car or of alcohol, which I'm guessing you know. Logical fallacy by way of a false equivilency. 

But sure, let's go there anyway. To drive a car, you need to be at least 16, have a certain number of practice hours behind a wheel with a licensed adult, take a test, pay a fee, and then be licensed by the state. Every car must be registered and every driver must be insured. States also require regular safety inspections of cars in order to renew the registration.

I'd be happy to treat guns like cars. 

And we all know that every car on the road is being driven by a responsible licensed person who has met all the criteria you have established, including having insurance.  Wonder why I need to carry "uninsured motorist" coverage then?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I think there is a bit more to this then the public knows. One thing I wish is that the press wouldn't go on and on about a story simply because it brings in the ratings; I wish it would be discussed AFTER all the facts are in.

I know, I know.... one can wish but it means nothing.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

He was her husband, he had to know she was mentally ill if she was railing and rambling online.

He should have seen to it that she could not have access to a gun.

Now, here is where it gets interesting.  Her employer fired her because he said she was "different."  Not mentally ill.  

Finally, maybe she wasn't mentally ill and that's why she was allowed to have her guns.

@itiswhatitis

I agree, we do not yet have the evidence that she was mentally ill, but apparently her behavior and writings indicate something was going on.

That's not nearly enough to give a diagnosis.  Her mental health issue could very well have been a personality disorder.  Because people behave differently doesn't always mean they're mentally ill.

Yes, that's what I said, also.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

"...The national news doesn't always get all the facts right in the haste to report something that hasn't even been solidified by the local authorites."

I agree.  Glad someone else besides me recognizes their oft times faulty reporting.

@itiswhatitis

I think most posters here know that to be true.  It takes awhile for thing to settle down. 

@Noel7@itiswhatitis  Actually that is my statement from the end of my post #37.

The thread actually started out with much information, so I disagree that many posters really paid attention to professional authorites; instead they ran with half-baked reporting.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

According to her boss, she was fired because she missed days from work and would not even bother to call in, he also caught her in various lies. Her statements about her personal life were not consistent with what she initially told him during her job interview. He hired her without checking references. She also had a Linkedin profile online (which is still up) that exaggerated her job description with him (she was only a receptionist but she had her work listed as "Business Manager" so he asked her to remove it because it was inaccurate. He also found out she was not living in the family home but was renting an apartment nearby which cost more than what he was paying her.  Apparently her husband was paying for it even though she told him they were getting a divorce. 

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

He was her husband, he had to know she was mentally ill if she was railing and rambling online.

Now, here is where it gets interesting.  Her employer fired her because he said she was "different."  Not mentally ill.  

Finally, maybe she wasn't mentally ill and that's why she was allowed to have her guns.

@itiswhatitis

I agree, we do not yet have the evidence that she was mentally ill, but apparently her behavior and writings indicate something was going on.

That's not nearly enough to give a diagnosis.  Her mental health issue could very well have been a personality disorder.  Because people behave differently doesn't always mean they're mentally ill.

@itiswhatitis  Personality disorder is a mental illness. From all I've read she was described by those close to her as being "mentally unstable". 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reba055 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

@itiswhatitis  Personality disorder is a mental illness. From all I've read she was described by those close to her as being "mentally unstable". 

That's not true.  They have different categories on the DSM V.  In addition, there is a wealth of information that says otherwise, as of right now.  

I deleted a link, because I didn't want the post to go poof.  If you use Google, try their "scholar" search for information.

Reba055's definition is accurate.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

That's not true.  They have different categories on the DSM V.  In addition, there is a wealth of information that says otherwise, as of right now.  

I deleted a link, because I didn't want the post to go poof.  If you use Google, try their "scholar" search for information.

@itiswhatitis The National Institute of Health classifies it as a mental illness. Along with many other sources. Just google personality disorder and you will find many reputable sources that do, including Mayo Clinic. They say "mental disorder" if you want to interpret that as different from "mental illness". 

Splitting hairs anyway. Whatever you want to call it, I would not call it NORMAL. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, the woman in Texas was not "all there" and displayed a LOT of horrible behavior BEFORE the shooting.  I have not read or watched any news saying she was diagnosed with a mental disorder.  

I don't want this particular scenario to be brushed aside with the mere wave of the hand saying she was 'crazy.'  Other such evil vile killers get branded much worse and not labelled 'crazy.'  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow