Honored Contributor

Re: Texas mom kills 2 daughters

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I read she went back into the house to RELOAD. What stopped him then? She was out of ammo!

The guy saved his own skin.

@YorkieonmyPillow  Could you have counted how many shots were fired in all that chaos?  He isn't Clint Eastwood asking the punk how many shots were fired.

Look - this is a terrible tragedy with a tier level of issues to be considered.

You cannot determine that the father was a coward without realizing that the whole scenario is still being solidified by expert authorities.

Those two beautiful girls are dead; he is left with his family wiped out.  Who is anyone to say that he is a coward or left his daughters to die?

With thinking like that, then all the people who have ever been involved where people are shot to death are also cowards for not tackling the shooter.

Flawed logic.

Why would you need to count how many shots had been fired?

People typically don't stop a shooting rampage to reload unless they're out of ammo.

@YorkieonmyPillow  You are saying that he could have stopped her when she went to reload.  The daughters were the targets and shot INSIDE the home; one died outside the front door and the other was shot AGAIN before she reloaded.

I think we all "get it" that you reload if you are out of ammo. 

You are entitled to denigrate the dad as you see fit but your sequence of events is not accurate.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

From what I read, she reloaded then went back outside and shot her daughter in the back, finishing her off.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dad is an idiot for allowing guns in the house and a coward for running when she shot the daughters. They were both staunch supporters of her right to bear arms. I hold him partly responsible for what happened. He knew she was crazy.

Just a brief glance at her FB page, and you can tell she's got major issues. 90% of the photos are retouched photos of herself. What middle aged woman with kids does that?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

The minute she raised the pistol he should've tackled her.

Valued Contributor

Why blame the father/husband?  Most people would run at the sound of gun shots.  Why would he be different.  Usually, your first reaction is to save yourself.  He ran, just like his daughters (who died on the street).  He happened to get lucky.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reba055 wrote:

Please don't start about gun control. My goodness. Normal people with guns don't shoot their daughters. Please! 

Once again, mental illness is the issue. How tragic. 

And mentally ill people without guns don't shoot anyone. The common denominator in gun deaths is guns, not mental illness.

Or do you think that mental illness only affects people in the US? Because we are the only nation with these huge numbers of gun deaths. And gun murders are not only committed by people who are mentally ill. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

Why blame the father/husband?  Most people would run at the sound of gun shots.  Why would he be different.  Usually, your first reaction is to save yourself.  He ran, just like his daughters (who died on the street).  He happened to get lucky.

You can't be serious.

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Please don't start about gun control. My goodness. Normal people with guns don't shoot their daughters. Please! 

Once again, mental illness is the issue. How tragic. 

And mentally ill people without guns don't shoot anyone. The common denominator in gun deaths is guns, not mental illness.

Or do you think that mental illness only affects people in the US? Because we are the only nation with these huge numbers of gun deaths. And gun murders are not only committed by people who are mentally ill. 

Right on! The US doesn't have any higher incidence of mental health issues than any other country.  What we do have is more guns than people, however.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh dear Lord. I'm getting out while the gettin's good!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The common denominator in traffic deaths is vehicles so lets ban cars and trucks.

Alcohol plays a part so lets prohibit it. It was a disaster last time;  perhaps it will succeed this time.