Valued Contributor

Re: Texas mom kills 2 daughters

@CardinalGirl wrote:

It is a very sad story. 

It's interesting to me that not one poster has come onto this thread to chastise the original poster for the way she titled the thread. 

I'm not complaining at all, because I watch/read the news and already know about tragic stories before I visit this board.

However, if the title of this thread had been "Texas mom kills cat....or puppy....or gorilla....or ANY animal", the original poster would have been raked over the coals.  Interesting that nobody complains over the title when its a human that has been killed.  Am I the only one to note this difference?

It must be a conspiracy!  And there's a thread for that!

p.s. I do agree that many posters appear to be more sensitive to the plight of animals than humans.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

I can't understand if people want to die, why don't they?  Why do they have to hurt others too?

I told my daughter "Hell must really be crowded".

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow - You "guess" he was running down the street at the time?  I haven't read anything like that or seen any such report on TV.  Where are you getting the information from?

The police report I just read said that he managed to get around the couch after she pulled out the gun (almost immediately at a "meeting" she called - so it was a clearly planned ambush) and get his daughters out of the house, telling them to run to escape their mother.

Just curious why you're hearing different reports than I am.  The truth will come out in time.  Until then, I won't be calling a man a coward, when he's just watched his vengeful wife deliberately kill his daughters in front of him to make him suffer.  You have no idea what was going through his mind, but I'm pretty certain it was absolute panic.  And you know, for a fact, that  he knew when she went back into the house that she was going back to "reload"?  For all you know he thought she had given up and they had escaped.  His neighbors were trying to help him and his daughters.

I don't plan to continue to debate this, I'm just saying you've already condemned the man on no evidence whatsoever.  But I doubt it will be a drop in the ocean of what he will live with for the rest of his life.  He will always be thinking "What if....." and "If only...".

May God grant you or any of us never find ourselves in a similar terrifying situation.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow - You "guess" he was running down the street at the time?  I haven't read anything like that or seen any such report on TV.  Where are you getting the information from?

The police report I just read said that he managed to get around the couch after she pulled out the gun (almost immediately at a "meeting" she called - so it was a clearly planned ambush) and get his daughters out of the house, telling them to run to escape their mother.

Just curious why you're hearing different reports than I am.  The truth will come out in time.  Until then, I won't be calling a man a coward, when he's just watched his vengeful wife deliberately kill his daughters in front of him to make him suffer.  You have no idea what was going through his mind, but I'm pretty certain it was absolute panic.  And you know, for a fact, that  he knew when she went back into the house that she was going back to "reload"?  For all you know he thought she had given up and they had escaped.  His neighbors were trying to help him and his daughters.

I don't plan to continue to debate this, I'm just saying you've already condemned the man on no evidence whatsoever.  But I doubt it will be a drop in the ocean of what he will live with for the rest of his life.  He will always be thinking "What if....." and "If only...".

May God grant you or any of us never find ourselves in a similar terrifying situation.

Beautiful post.  Stop making sense and spreading empathy.  Woman Wink

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia When I said I guessed he was running down the street I was being a bit sarcastic, due to the fact that he ran and didn't try to save his daughters.

Yes she went back into the house to reload. It's been in nearly every news report I've read about the incident.

I never suggested I knew what was going through his mind. I'm judging him by his actions, or lack thereof.

I have plenty of empathy ~ for those 2 dead girls. Poor things.....

Honored Contributor

There is no disputing the fact that his daughters were shot multiple times, are dead, and he received nary a scratch.