Esteemed Contributor

Texas (especially San Antonio and surrounding areas) posters...

[ Edited ]

The first round of appointments for the Moderna vaccine are filled, but check back frequently for new information. 

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/University-Health-appeals-for-patience-as-15840742.ph...

I hope this link is okay to share.  If not, my apologies to the moderators.  I tried to remove the hyperlink so it could be copied and pasted.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: Texas (especially San Antonio and surrounding areas) posters...

@MamaWick  I'm not from that area, but curious on who is eligible to make an appointment.  Are they accepting the appointments (when they were available), to those in nursing homes, or by age, or by essential worker group?

Last I read for me in Californai, I would be in the 3rd round - and am interested in getting it once it's my turn. 

I tried the link, but it wants me to log in or become a digital subscriber. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The University Health System has finished Phase 1a.  This is for Phase 1b, ages 65 and over, under 65 with qualifying medical conditions.  The UT system decided on appointments, and all 17000+ appointments were filled in 5 hours.  The vaccinations start on Monday.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

Different story here in DFW. Dallas County still doing 1a only. A few of the surrounding counties are moving to 1b -- details have been on the local news almost every night.

1 in 4 people hospitalized in the state are COVID patients.

And sports activities (e.g., college football bowl games) normally held in CA moved here because CA's COVID restrictions were "too severe" to allow family members to attend. SMH

Esteemed Contributor

@LonestarBabs  YIKES!

Frequent Contributor

I am in this area and I received the Pfizer vaccine with no appt today. I had to wait for three hours and temps were in the high 30's! They were only doing 1A and 1B.

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  University has moved from Phase 1a, to 1b, so those over 65, or those younger who have health issues can sign on, when they get more vaccine.

Night before last,  they had several slots still open, but they went fast. The website did crash a couple of times, too, from all the hits. They were overwhelmed with the activity.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

The University Health System has finished Phase 1a.  This is for Phase 1b, ages 65 and over, under 65 with qualifying medical conditions.  The UT system decided on appointments, and all 17000+ appointments were filled in 5 hours.  The vaccinations start on Monday.

@MamaWick Sorry I repeated your information. I hadn't seen your post. I was watching it unfold. It was crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch  No worries at all.  Yeah, crazy wasn't it?  All appointments gone so quickly.  But glad to see they are doing appointments rather than lines where people wait for hours.  A friend in Florida stood in line for 14 hours.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@BlueFinch  No worries at all.  Yeah, crazy wasn't it?  All appointments gone so quickly.  But glad to see they are doing appointments rather than lines where people wait for hours.  A friend in Florida stood in line for 14 hours.

@MamaWick Yes, it was crazy, but it looks like UH has a solid plan to move people through on appointment. I noticed appt's were 5 minutes apart. It'll be wild, but they're efficient; they will get it done.

I think it should be by appt everywhere. I felt so bad seeing seniors wait for hours at several different locations. Some were turned away, after making it to the head of the line, when supply was exhausted. That's just wrong.