Honored Contributor

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

I guess that would be cheaper and easier than shutting down and reopening and shutting down and reopening ad infinitum. Even cheaper and easier would just be virtual until there's a vaccine early next year. In a lot of areas, we just have to take the L for 2020 and move on. No such thing as perfect or even very good right now.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Some colleges have actually bought hotels close to their campuses to quarantine anyone, students or staff, who tests positive....”quarantine lockdown centers“ with meals delivered and security at the door...no one in, no one out. Doesn’t sound like America to me.

If the students had Ebola or smallpox would you want them walking around?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

I know we don't have the rapid test kits yet, but we could establish this as a goal.

That is not true.  Professional athletes get results 15 minutes after testing.  Probably those in the WH too. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And who will be paying for this and who will be administering this test?  

My township has almost 9,000 students enrolled in K-12.

What time will students have to show up at school to be tested prior to being let into a classroom.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

This is much worse than leprosy.  Only 200 cases of leprosy are diagnosed in the US each year.  This virus has infected millions here.

Yes, the classroom and teacher would stay home for 14 days.  The rest would be up to the health dept.

@KarenQVC   So............who would teach the children?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

And who will be paying for this and who will be administering this test?  

My township has almost 9,000 students enrolled in K-12.

What time will students have to show up at school to be tested prior to be let into a classroom.

And if one child tests postivie, all the siblings will need to be sent home as well as anyone they came in contact with.  

I think the argument for virtual class rooms is more plausible than testing every child every day.

Honored Contributor

Is that even remotely possible? 

I'd love to think there's a path to that goal or some other way to guarantee total safety for the students and staff, but right now I agree with the school superintendent who called safety guarantees "a fantasy."

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And the beat goes on...

Why stop there... Let's test everybody every day and then what...?

We need effective treatments and effective vaccines. We don't need to establish what amount to leper colonies for those who test positive...

@stevieb 

I'm with you on this. Unless I have gotten wrong information, last I heard was that school age children had a very low risk. Low risk for contracting this virus and low risk for spreading it.

As you might have read, I have no human kids. So to speak "no horse in the race". I personally think from all the news I have observed, what is happening to certain age children by being on lockdown, many other bad things are increasing, with some possibly worse for the young, than contracting the virus.

Just commenting and not interested in any debate with anyone concerning what they decide to do as a parent.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Not all States are the same re: schooling.

N.J. - Students have choices.......

Inside class rooms - temps taken at entrance, all must wear masks, desks 6 feet apart.  Social distancing throughout school building.

Home school (usually part of online schooling)

Online Charter Schools - have been in existance for decades.

Parents/Guardians will not be charged for not providing an education for their children if they feel the "enviroment" is not safe.

Every student will be provided w/computers & high speed internet service if needed - FREE!

N.J. Gov Murphy somehow found Fed $$$ burning a hole in someone's pocket for education. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif