Respected Contributor

Re: Terry and Heather Dubrow price gouging

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is it the Dubrows or is it ShopHQ?

It's my understanding that the shopping channels are the ones who set their pricing.  

I just went and looked and it is sold out.  It was normally $44.00 for 7oz and was on sale for $29.00.  And on top of that, the active ingredient is Benzalkonium Chloride.  I don't believe this ingredient is recommended by the CDC.  

The Dubrows sell the same products on their own website. So I assume they decide the selling price. Sometimes shop HQ has a sale price that is better than their own website, I assume they move more volume when that happens.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I received an email from them today (because I'm on their mailing list, I use the Primo Beets).  I see they are selling hand sanitizer for $35 (7oz).  What the heck?  I find this insulting and I hope they get backlash for it.  That is an obscene price.  I also see they have new products they "rushed" to get out in time for the pandemic.  They are sellling some expensive powder with vitamin c and zinc to boost your immune system (false hope it will help you not get sick) and some sleeping chews for the stressed out people, which is all of us.  I don't know, this left a bad taste in my mouth. What's next, luxury TP for $10 per roll?

@Grouchomarx 

Most people are smart enough to shop around, which is so easy to do on the internet.  Just because they have an "asking price" of $35 doesn't mean anyone will actually buy it.  I bet it will just sit in a warehouse.

BTW ----  What do you get from the Primo Beets?  I've considered buying it in the past, but didn't.

I use beet supplements to keep my blood pressure in check. I buy their brand because I haven't found another one that has the flavors like they do. I don't want the taste of actual beets and the cherry tastes very good. Blueberry isn't bad either. The price is the only thing I don't really like.

Esteemed Contributor

It's absolutely disgusting and disgraceful to price-gouge during such difficult times. I've actually been surprised that there haven't been any prosecutions. At least 
I haven't heard of any. And when already wealthy people rip off the public, well, that's even worse. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

It's absolutely disgusting and disgraceful to price-gouge during such difficult times. I've actually been surprised that there haven't been any prosecutions. At least 
I haven't heard of any. And when already wealthy people rip off the public, well, that's even worse. 

@Vivian 

Anyone who feels strongly about them should complain to the shopping channel ShopHQ.

New Contributor

I completely agree. In addition to charging $30 for this "special" hand sanitizer, the ingredient is Benzalkonium Chloride, which the CDC says "available evidence indicates benzalkonium chloride has less reliable activity against coronavirus than either of the alcohols3."

In addition, at a time when people are fearful, and perhaps broke, and other celebrities are donating millions of dollars to assist in the fight we are all waging against Coronavirus, it is shocking that these people found it necessary to charge $30 a bottle for seven ounces of an ingredient the CDC doesn't appear to recommend!

Super Contributor

Both of these people are cartoons.  She is famous for being famous.   That's it.  Near as I can tell, hasn't done a worthwhile thing in her whole life.  At least he's got some mad plastic surgery skills.

Simple.....     complain to the people who provide them with a 'stage', and 'vote with your pocketbook' by not giving them a single cent.

Super Contributor

Not only price gouging.  He is a doctor.  Why is he not out there treating patients?  We desperately need doctors and medical staff during this crisis and he is on TV ripping people off.  This is so disgusting it's beyond words.   They need to be reported and fined.

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Grouchomarx     How pathetic....

I cannot watch them  Especially the wife.  

Valued Contributor

GO TO GOGGLE PUT IN THERE NAME  WOWWWWWWWWWW  WHAT A MANSION THEY HAVE

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

GO TO GOGGLE PUT IN THERE NAME  WOWWWWWWWWWW  WHAT A MANSION THEY HAVE

oh yes......i watch the housewives so i remember when they were building it.

it was just ONE of the reasons why she left the show.

their neighbors would not allow camera and crew to be there to film.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein