Super Contributor

Re: Terrier3...I need to know....

Adorable pics.

Love our 4 legged friends and family.

Respected Contributor

Yikes is right. they brought that dog to our home one day for a picnic and I swear to you there is 6 acres behind our home and that dog ran the entire square of that property over and over and over some more and when his owner would try to stop him he would take off and run again. I could not believe that dog did not have a heart attack. Beautiful dog but lord no one could do any thing with him.

Respected Contributor

I've got an electronic collar for him. So far he really respects that collar! We have 2 other dogs, a sheltie and a malamute. He loves wrestling with the mal. They really play hard. That's about the only thing that tires him out. But it takes quite a while.

He does go into his crate and is mostly quiet in there. But if he knows I'm home and moving around, he'll whimper a little. He likes being around people.

We came to have him because friends went to another state on vacation and while on an 8 mile bike ride, he came out of the woods and followed them the entire time. He was turned in to the local shelter, no one claimed him so when I found out it was a kill shelter, I went to get him. It was a 13 hr round trip!

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Kalli said:

I think I need a support group for new owners of terriers (terrier mixes)!

Seriously, how do you guys keep your terriers busy so they're not destructive? I think mine is a jack russell/pug mix. If I could hook him up to an energy storing device, I could power my house without using any electricity, I'm sure!

He never stops, hardly ever lies down, has destroyed tv remotes, wallets, blankets..pretty much anything left lying around is fair game for him.

I'm out of my league here but I'm not a quitter. Once I rescue a dog, he's mine.....but it sure is a challenge.

He needs more exercise. My motto,"a tired dog is a good dog".
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My favorite Terrier is the Bull Terrier/English Bull Terrier... yep, a.k.a. the reps for Budweiser ("Spuds McKenzie") and Target, LOL.

LOVE the unique triangle eyes and Roman nose! 8)

03881a6fb92a4f7e225595ca7453f634.jpg (230×335)

Esteemed Contributor

Feline Groovy, that dog is cute....Kalli wow, glad you went and picked up your dog!!! 13 hours!!!