Honored Contributor

Re: Terrible new 'ITEMS RECENTLY ON AIR" viewing process

@Mj12 wrote:

I just clicked Shop QVC TV, then Items Recently On Air, and I select from a list of recent shows on the left, and the items recently on air all appear.

ETA - it is not good that everyone does not have the exact same online viewing experience, depending on brower or whatever.  IT is clearly not a priority here.

@Mj12

yes, it is back up to its normal look for me today, but only a few of the silver creede items are showing up for yesterdays shows. the beauty choice award winners are all up for last nights 9pm show i am sure that that cannot be good for their sales when people cannot access older shows the way they normall do, especially on a "special day."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@teainlondon

I had the same problem yesterday and emailed QVC - and their response was to email customer svce and ask for a technician -- was that a JOKE???? I also couldn't see the programming by the hour on QVC1 - but I was able to see it on QVC2. I was also blocked from starting a new message. 

I just checked and I'm able to start a new message and I could see the programs hour by hour. Thank You QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

The IT department needs to focus more on fixing the technical problems with QVC's website.  Seems they more prefer to mess around playing with re-designing the site all the time.  That makes their job more fun and more interesting than fixing glitches. 

The info on this important change certainly wasn't conveyed to anyone.  When a poster asked for help from the moderators, Susan the moderator responded they were aware of the problem of not being able to see the previously aired items and were working to fix it and it should be up and running shortly.   To me this says even the IT department personnel were not aware of the change, the moderators sure didn't know about it, so I guess we the customers were just supposed to know how to find the items shown by osmosis!

I sure did save a lot of money today because I was looking forward the the silver show and in the mood to buy jewelry.  At midnight I did buy the merlot bracelet that went with the TSV but that was my only purchase.  I rely on the Items Previously Aired   I wasn't able to wake up early and spend the day at home watching.  So I missed the majority of Creede Day and I'm sure I'm not the only one.   QVC probably lost big bucks today on this special silver day.  Hope they realize the reason for drop in sales and don't think it was due to lack of interest and decide yearly Silver shows aren't wanted by the customers.

@KathyM23   You wrote exactly what I feel😀. I too saved myself $$$ on creeds silver day as could not see recently aired items!  I don't have time to sit in front of the TV or on my iPad ALL day!!!  Please !   I haven't seen reviews in over 2 months , posted here about it and basically  was told it's my fault as I need to update or change this or that ..... Why do I have to chsnge everything and go through the trouble I ask .  I have no trouble on any other site I will add!  I feel your spot on ,  the IT department wants to make there jobs more fun and interesting by doing. All these changes.  I had not thought of that before ,  but it certainly makes sense to me 😠

Come on QVC do something about all this if you want us to shop ,  making it harder for us to shop to me is not profitable .  

Respected Contributor

I have a macbook air laptop and it works the same as always for me.

Home page-scroll down to Items on Air---click and it pops up by chronological hour.   

Sorry some of you are having problems with it.   I hardly ever purchase anything but since I don't watch QVC on TV anymore , that's the way I see what's highlighted, if I'm even interested.   

Respected Contributor

sadly the Q's IT approach is to gaslight the customer.  acknowledging a problem, explaining a change, apologizing for disruptions, informing customer service of problems so it can smooth over -  these go a long way to keeping people happy.  if the company can't grasp how these constant glitches sour customers, it will suffer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was a glitch experienced by many people on Silver Day. The only way to potentially see 'items on air' was to try to pull them up using the program guide. This was not a change but was a work-around, since the regular system wasn't working. That method worked some of the time but for the rest of the time one got an error message that they were 'having trouble loading the page'... Ongoing QVC website glitches nor their failure to timely resolve them should no longer surprise us... Many of us had the experience of seeing the silver event come and go and never being able to see what items were presented at different hours throughout the day...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...