Respected Contributor

Re: Terrible gas explosion in Boston area

@ValuSkr wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

I am anxious to see what the NTSB has to say about this and conclude what the cause was.

Interesting that NTSB is in charge of the investigation.  I read that pipelines are a "mode of transportation" for natural gas, hence NTSB.

I am sure this will be a long and tedious project. I feel so bad for the teenage boy who lost his life and all the others who lost or have serious damage to their homes.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest  But it's not like these cities are suburbs of Boston.   Not even close.   Big mistake to make.

Honored Contributor

For Petes sakes, people have lost everything they have, and one poor man died..It is not the end of the world that the  name of the town was wrongly reported

People are dealing with far worse  things than that..they should be everyone's focus and concern

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

For Petes sakes, people have lost everything they have, and one poor man died..It is not the end of the world that the  name of the town was wrongly reported

People are dealing with far worse  things than that..they should be everyone's focus and concern

@cherry.  I don't understand the over focus on the exact location either.  It was in the greater Boston area.  And I've been following the incident since I have family and friends nearby. So sorry about the man who lost his life, but it really could have  been worse.  

Living in CA, I routinely have people contact me whenever there is a fire, earthquake or natural disaster somewhere in the state.  Usually, these events are 500 miles away!  I thank people for calling and being concerned.  Don't get annoyed that they cared. 

Honored Contributor

my sister use to live in Lawrence, mass. This was many years ago.

anyone heard what caused the explosion??

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I agree with your entire post @cherry and thank you for your concern. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@cherry.  I don't understand the over focus on the exact location either.  It was in the greater Boston area.  And I've been following the incident since I have family and friends nearby. So sorry about the man who lost his life, but it really could have  been worse.  

Living in CA, I routinely have people contact me whenever there is a fire, earthquake or natural disaster somewhere in the state.  Usually, these events are 500 miles away!  I thank people for calling and being concerned.  Don't get annoyed that they cared. 

Perhaps accuracy doesn't mean something to some, those areas once again are no where close to the City of Boston, someone whom doesn't reside in our State wouldn't know that with incorrect media reporting.

Honored Contributor

I heard on the national news tonite that the NTSB had come in to investigate   .....  and a final report would take approximately two years to compete.   Huh?   How could it possibly take that long?  Anyone?

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

@viva923

The news reported it as "an over-pressure situation".

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

@viva923

The news reported it as "an over-pressure situation".

My question is...was this company working on the pipe lines perhaps replacing older pipes?  They certainly were doing something because the over-pressurization happened for a reason.