Honored Contributor

Terrible gas explosion in Boston area

[ Edited ]

I am very worried about @JaneMarple, I think she lives there. I know it is a large city, but @JaneMarple please check in ASAP and let us know you are OK

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Terrible gas explosion in Boston

@cherry wrote:

I am very worried about @JaneMarple, I think she lives there. I know it is a large city, but @JaneMarple please check in ASAP and let us know you are OK

@cherry.  I don't think she lives near the explosions.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't know where Jane lives, but, I live in a neighboring town where the fires and explosions are happening.  The towns affected are Lawrence, Andover and North Andover, MA.  These towns are in north east MA.  The problem is from over pressurized gas lines with Columbia Gas.  Residential and businesses are affected, people are being told to leave their homes, major roadways shut down, 60-100 fires &/or explosions occuring.  Fire depts.from all over are helping and National Grid is now shutting off electricity to these affected areas.  :-(

Honored Contributor

6147EF38-211F-4BC2-8C32-F15C31A3DF2A.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz  Thank you so much.  You provided so much more information then the story we saw on the national news.

This is just so disturbing.  I know it is a necessity but the pressurized gas lines make me nervous.   In our area we have had two major explosions in the past three years.  Thank goodness there were rural.  No deaths, but one man was burned so badly he will never live a normal life again.

Honored Contributor

1249E844-4C78-4698-949B-CB7CD64B65DE.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@LdyBugz  Thank you so much.  You provided so much more information then the story we saw on the national news.

This is just so disturbing.  I know it is a necessity but the pressurized gas lines make me nervous.   In our area we have had two major explosions in the past three years.  Thank goodness there were rural.  No deaths, but one man was burned so badly he will never live a normal life again.

Yes, it's very disturbing!  I feel awful for these people.  They have set up shelters for them and the Red Cross is on scene.  All of the Boston news stations are covering it live and you can get info on their Web pages:  WCVB , https://boston.cbslocal.com/ 

Trusted Contributor

@cherry  I could be wrong but I think she lives on the cape.   Hope she's not involved.   A  friend has a son in Andover...  will have to call her... 

Honored Contributor

@cherry I believe @JaneMarple lives on Cape Cod. 

These explosions and fires are horrific and heartbreaking. The gas company was doing work on the lines. They've cut the power to all three towns too and evacuated people.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"