Honored Contributor

Re: Terrible Programming Today for International Women's Day!!

Lotus: What would I like to see today: .... Maybe women chefs? Oh, wait............Wink (Could be taken as counter-productive, women cooking in the kitchen and all........) Meant to be a Wink. (Just thought I'd be funny. But I'd better stop before I get into trouble.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Justina rae said:

You should watch Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga in concert on PBS going on right now. She has a phenomenal voice. You feel every lyric. Very enjoyable!

Darn!! Missed it...just catching the end. I agree Lady Gaga has a great set of pipes.

It's repeating, so I'm DVR'ing it!

She's so "normal" when she's "normal". {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It's nice to be able to focus on her voice rather than her schtick.

eta....I'm loving her look in that last number!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

I have trained myself to expect absolutely nothing regarding the Q's programming. They just don't deliver anything I am all that interested in anymore.

Gone are the days when they mapped out the entire day honoring female vendors on International Women's Day. In fact, gone are most of the things that kept me watching back in the day.

^^^^this. The Q's a long infomercial day after day and they might as well tape all the shows and rerun them since there's no originality anymore.

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 jessa said:
On 3/8/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

I have trained myself to expect absolutely nothing regarding the Q's programming. They just don't deliver anything I am all that interested in anymore.

Gone are the days when they mapped out the entire day honoring female vendors on International Women's Day. In fact, gone are most of the things that kept me watching back in the day.

^^^^this. The Q's a long infomercial day after day and they might as well tape all the shows and rerun them since there's no originality anymore.

Waving to Jessa.....Smile Yes, I think infomercial sums it up perfectly.

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

SoftRaindrops: I edited my post #7.........after I thought about it all. lol

Hi Romary....just read it. I agree with you about the new chefs and more of an emphasis on cooking.

Honored Contributor

SoftRaindrops: Read my #10 .........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Lotus~ said:

Still the same 'ole cooking with David.

Some of us hate to cook.....like me!!!

Maybe they could have switched it up a bit today?

Every day on QVC is Woman's Day............jewelry..........clothes..........same old same old. What else would they bring?

Honored Contributor

'Way too much', SoftRaindrops, IMO. Have a pleasant afternoon! Love your nic, BTW.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Lotus~ said:
On 3/8/2015 Justina rae said:

You should watch Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga in concert on PBS going on right now. She has a phenomenal voice. You feel every lyric. Very enjoyable!

Darn!! Missed it...just catching the end. I agree Lady Gaga has a great set of pipes.

It's repeating, so I'm DVR'ing it!

She's so "normal" when she's "normal". {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It's nice to be able to focus on her voice rather than her schtick.

eta....I'm loving her look in that last number!

I like what she had to say about that on the program...She said she began singing jazz when she was young and somehow lost track of it. She said it's like being able to fly and she thanked Tony for showing her how to fly again. She also said she hopes people don't focus on her persona but rather just close their eyes and enjoy the great (jazz) music. I like her.

Honored Contributor

They have Susan Graver on tonight, don't they? Talk about a successful business woman!