Respected Contributor

Re: Terminally ill California woman

Betsey was a very brave woman who did what she thought was the best for her and others at the time. Her Celebration of Life with all her friends must have been beautiful. RIP.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Occasional Contributor

Terrier3 ,  its such a horrible horrible disease, n for your cousin to have gone threw it so young with a large and young family is just horrific;, my dad wouldnt have taken the trac either, his breathing wasnt great but not that bad yet but his swallowing was very bad..... i cant tell you how many times he aspirated it was aweful,  i just dont understand this world sometimes and whats being fed to us, why isnt more given to these drs who are  tireslessly working to find cures? and we just keep eating things that scare you to death and you cant even pronounce. even my dad i used to yell at him when he was stripping furniture  even outside to get a mask on, he'd say i'm ok im outside... who knows all those horrible chemicals he used without the proper caution used. . doesn't it sometimes seem like we are trying to swim upstream?  well i wanted to acknowledge your cousins life and struggle with this horrible horrible disease.  god bless you & yours  Terrier3    mimers

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi...It's BohemianGal...Again...

And, I understand how you feel Noel 7 and Mimers..I am disable as well..( advanced auto-immune disease).

I don't post much, but saw this thread,and wanted join this discussion, as although I'm personally confiicted on the subject, I feel strongly that the righ to end your life in these cirucumstances should be legalized nationwide.

Watching a loved one suffer is excruciating for the family, not only for the person who is suffering.  

My prayers and blessings go out to all those who have been , or are presently in this situation.  May God Have Mercy on Them All..and take them "Home" peacefully without further pain and suffering. ...Thanks to all here who are reaching out in compassion and undestanding to those who struggle.  We all are "In this together" and it's heartwarming to see so many offering support.

Blessings To All...BohemianGal

Regular Contributor

Gsmom..

So sorry for your loss and the suffering your husband and loved ones had to bare.

I hope you are all healing from this trauma and loss, and are at peace.

Blessings, Bohemian Gal....