QVC Customer Care

Re: Tennessee, Kentucky et al: Hurricane Harvey

Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the weather updates.I don't mind if they aren't totally accurate as it seems like there is different information coming out all of the time.I like the reminders though,it gives me the chance to check out things if I feel there is a need.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I just got a text that we are under a flash flood watch tomorrow night until Friday night.

Hi @YorkieonmyPillow.  Yes, they covered that in our local weather forecast on the evening news. We are under a flash flood watch until 2 am Saturday morning. Dry and sunny here right now with rain to move in over night.   Guess we will just have to see how the rain develops.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

My area of southern WV is expecting 2 inches of rain over the next 2 days.   We need the rain as we head into fall. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was raining when I woke up but didn't rain long; just cloudy now.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy, I am not off the rails here...listen to your local forecasts.

I was never hysterical-and yes, this is an evil storm- lives lost, homes and businesses will probably never be returned to again.

I am not a meteorologist, but from the topography, things are going to happen-not good.

I am not trying to incite hysteria-but there are a number of people here "unplugged" from news. I understand that..

There is another thread going on about preparedness and Irma-we have no idea where that will strike.

The OP started that thread with good intentions and lessons for those who have moved South and have never experienced a hurricane before.... Wise and helpfull.

This is an evil storm-it has taken lives and altered futures dramatically. I was not inspiring hysteria by any means: I was deciminating information. Sorry you feel the way you do.....go party-and please let us know how it all turns out in Nashville-and in "your neck of the woods"

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First Responders rescued a driver from a van on I-40E in Nashville. Closed the area for a while.

Lot of flash flooding and road closures around the Nashville area this morning. Rain is slowing down and creeks are trying  to get back in their banks.  Lot of downed trees, too.  We had over 6 inches last night.  Hopefully Harvey is moving on out.

Schools are closed for safety reasons due to area flooding.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

@Preds Hi Preds. I thought I caught a tornado warning for Nashville on TWC; was that in your area? There was a period of time when it seemed dozens of tornado warnings were popping up everywhere. I know Alabama took a couple of hits.

Hope everyone is safe! Inland tropical weather systems can be serious stuff.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

Mornin' @catchersmom.  We had several warnings around the area, but lucked out as far as I know.  I know those sirens ran all night.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Good morning: I hope everyone is safe....yesterday, there were tornadoes all over: the threat continues. There was a tornado in northern Alabama yesterday.

I think the worst part of this is that a good deal of the horrendous "stuff" happened at night-the worst time.

If you live in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama and any other areas affected,, please check in.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2