Trusted Contributor

Re: Telling kids there is no Santa

My daughter found out there was no Santa, about a week before Christmas, the year she was six.  It was probably going to be her last year to believe. 

I had our local evening news channel on and an editorialist from our local newspaper presented an opinion piece at the end of the broadcast, pretty much announcing that there was no Santa.

My daughter heard what he said, got very quiet, and went to her room.  I was so ticked off.  She's now 33, and I'm still angry.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

This guy was just plain mean.   Another of the demented among us.   He should have been removed.   To bad Santa couldn't have decked him. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

We took our two GC on a special train ride last weekend.  Santa was on the train, along with Mrs. Claus and a few teenage elves.  The kiddos had such a wonderful time.  It was so sweet to see the kids all excited and laughing, along with our own.  After Mrs. Claus spoke with our two GC, she whispered to me, "This is the best job I ever had."  

What kind of ugly person wants to take happiness away from children?

Honored Contributor

I intend to believe until I draw my last breath. We have to allow the children to be children. Some of our best memories can be if we have a wonderful childhood. As time passes, you see how important that is. We have to protect the children and give them rules for guidance. Bless the beasts and children. We must speak  up and protect them.

Esteemed Contributor

There is such a small window of time where kids 'believe'.......why do some people have to ruin things for other people....SMH

Respected Contributor

While I do not agree with what this guy did, Santa is story told to kids. He is not from their dreams, imagination, or fantasy,

Honored Contributor

That pastor is a prime example of a FAUX Christian.

Respected Contributor

I have a very religious friend who "won't lie to her kids". They have always known there is no santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy. 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I have a very religious friend who "won't lie to her kids". They have always known there is no santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy. 

I respect her choice, but this guy didn't respect others . It's not up to him what parents tell their children

Honored Contributor

What a selfish man. He's probably miserable and wants to make those around him miserable as well.