Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tell me about your dog - anything

On 8/6/2014 tansy said: Ah! My little guy is a havanese -- sweetest, most polite dog in the whole world. He's black and white with silvery polka dotsSmiley Happy

Havanese are so stinking cute. I love them!!

I have a long haired Chihuahua, he weighs 6lbs and is very spoiled. He can't stand sharing attention. I was holding my grandson on the couch and he jumped on the couch and jumped right on top of my grandson and laid down very quickly, like he wouldn't be noticed. We all burst out laughing because it came as such a shock and surprise.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

He's a shameless manipulator and uses his gorgeous brown eyes and expressive eyebrows to wrap me around his paw. And I love him.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Trusted Contributor

My girl is Zuma. My boy is Ripper. They are 13 or 14 year old sister and brother, Lab and Aussie mix. They "adopted us" 2 years ago by simply "moving out" of their original home/yard next door. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Much more attention and love over here. Smile Unfortunately more food too as we have unintentionally made them overweight.{#emotions_dlg.sad} We are going to work on that.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

They have personality plus and we LOVE them!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

My girl is Zuma. My boy is Ripper. They are 13 or 14 year old sister and brother, Lab and Aussie mix. They "adopted us" 2 years ago by simply "moving out" of their original home/yard next door. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Much more attention and love over here. Smile Unfortunately more food too as we have unintentionally made them overweight.{#emotions_dlg.sad} We are going to work on that.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Brother & sister and they get along?

That's great!

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 nagrom said:

terrier3, that is a great accomplishment. We always shined in the obedience ring. He was an air scenter in addition to his other talents. Of all the dogs I have owned he stood heads above. I learned soo much from him. He was my dog of a lifetime. Btw he was a rottie.

He sounds like he was a very special dog, nagrom. I like Rottweilers a lot.

Did you train him?

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 terrier3 said:
On 8/6/2014 Kalli said:

I have 3 dogs, a sheltie, a malamute and an SPCA mutt that is probably a mix of pug and jack russell. OMG! That mutt can run circles around the other 2 and gives credence to the saying, "It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog." This mutt is a large dog in a small dogs body. He never gets tired, he's always playing and he can keep up with the malamute all day long!

Never owned a terrier before and have def had an education from this one! hahahah

-Kalli

Terriers are a special kind of dog, aren't they?

I love mine for his playfulness. He can be sound asleep but if I call him...he's awake in a second and ready to play!

Oh, yeah..they're very special. But I sure could've used some counseling from you in the beginning!! I just had no idea of the activity level - none! If I could somehow harness it and sell it, I'd be able to run my home electricity needs off the grid!! hahahah Or maybe charge the utility for buying back some power! Smile

I love my little mutt. He brightens my day with his antics and shows me often how happy he is that he's got his own home and peeps now. He was found wandering in the woods of VA!

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

My Max was a boxer/shepherd mix that lived until he was 3 months shy of his sweet 16th birthday. He traveled in a car better than any child I've ever transported and was smart as a whip

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Do they sleep at your place?
Trusted Contributor

On 8/6/2014 terrier3 said:

Brother & sister and they get along?

That's great!

Yep, they are litter mates and have always been together. Zuma is the alpha female. Ripper follows her lead. They never squabble or take each other's food. Lately Ripper has become more vocal than before and barks at us in a jealous talking bark during Zuma's belly rub time though, LOL!

I have posted their pics before but this time QVC is making it 4 times too big. I don't like to blow the posting box borders with photos. Will try again later.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/6/2014 tansy said:

Do they sleep at your place?

Yep. Sleep and eat here. That's about all they do...and hang around for treats and belly rubs and luvs, LOL!. They are old and kind of crippled up. They can still walk back next door to their original place/people if they want to. And they do do that sometimes. She still gives them their flea treatments for example. It's kind of a strange situation. We didn't set out to steal their dogs, but they love us more because we give them love and attention.