Super Contributor

Re: Tell me about your dog - anything

He is the best dog and i love him very much.
Regular Contributor

He will always be in my heart..My little white Pomeranian is jumping on clouds and flying with his little doggie-angel friends! I haven't gotten another dog because he is irreplaceable! Thanks for asking!!!

Valued Contributor

Our dog, Kahlua, was rescued from a box on the side of the freeway by my sister. Luckily she saw her head kind of pop up and went back to check it out. I loved that dog, we just connected, and anytime she was in trouble with another family member, she would come to me because she knew I would tell her how wonderful she was{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Like so many others, I was lucky enough to have some truly wonderful dogs in my life and I hope to again somedaySmile

Valued Contributor

Chance is my rescue Sheltie, I just got him 3 months ago. He is 2 and very sweet. He loves to cuddle but does not want a kiss on the head, he is getting it though and realizing a kiss on the head is not that bad. I still don't know how he ended up in a Shelter but in his 2 1/2 years, I am his 4th and final owner. The only thing I can figure out is he is vocal, like may Shelties but that is ok too. I love them all very much.

Hi Conlt, I'm so glad to hear that Chance is still doing well! He certainly was one lucky dog to find you - I bet he is thinking "At last, someone who understands me"!Smile

Trusted Contributor

I have a beautiful, regal looking chocolate lab. He is really a good-time boy and is always ready for action, although he is now starting to get up there in years. My little girl is a sweet little terrier mix that we adopted five years ago. Have no idea why I walked into the doggie shelter that day and decided to adopt this poor, sad looking little girl. She liked her big brother immediately but did not take to people at first, although by the first evening she was with us, she decided I was her best friend. She is now the neighborhood darling.

Super Contributor

My darling Mini Schnauzer is going thru her second battle with pancreatitis,,I note her every move and breath. Praying for the best once again. Horray for all you dog lovers!! They're so much nicer than MOST people {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

misspammie - hope your little sweetie gets better soon. A few months ago my lab had bloat, which I had never heard of but is the second biggest killer of dogs after cancer. Their stomach can turn over and the need immediate surgery. Luckily, I got mine to the emergency vet in time and he did not need the surgery and he is now doing much better. The vet put him on a liver supplement and actually, I think they have worked miracles with my boy. This is, of course, after almost $2,000.00 in emergency and vet bills but they are worth it. They truely are one of your kids, right?

Honored Contributor

She loves to set on my lap and look out the window when we go places. Miss Navigator! LOL

Respected Contributor

This is such a good thread! Nice to read.

The most unusual thing about our dog is that he doesn't like to relieve himself in front of anybody - He likes total privacy. So, we take him on the leash to the back of the yard, where it's more woodsy, he disappears into the bushes, (sometimes I hear a little - something) and in a few minutes, he emerges happy.

We've never had a dog before with this quirk. The others would've went in the middle of Yankee Stadium with no hesitation. No inhibitions whatsoever.

Super Contributor

Naturalfan, thank you! Just vacuumed a few minutes ago, and after saying 'the word vacuum', she (very gently) clawed and snipped at my leg. VERY GENTLY, please, know this. Then she went over to the 'machine' (don't want to get her excited, she's reading this) and knocked it over!!! She IS a very gentle and kind sole,,,{#emotions_dlg.wub}