Honored Contributor

Re: Tell Us-- What's the Significance of Your Avatar?

@tends2dogs wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Mine is a pic of one of the loves of my life, my sweet Sheltie, Harley, who went to the Rainbow Bridge 3 years ago.....and it still hurts like it was yesterday.

I alternate his pic with one of my mini Aussie, Hayly, who went to join Harley 2 years ago, still grieving for her too.

@KingstonsMomSmiley sad 027.gif

Oh, Ig, how sweet!!!  When you said that Hayly went to be with Harley, it made me remember that whenever we had to say good bye to one of our beloved furbabies, I always whisper in their ear " go be with _________________" then I list the names of those that preceded them. 

Wow, that brought back tearful memories!  Your Avatar is hearwarming!

@tends2dogs

Thank you, I'm so glad it brought back 'happy tears' memories for you, too!

BTW, I LOVE the big ol' furbaby smooch in your avatar!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@JerseyGirlNJ wrote:

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@JerseyGirlNJ Brad Whitford (the guitarist) is a good friend of my dad's.  They bonded over classic cars.  You can imagine my surprise when I went into my parent's garage and saw them all there.  Went back stage a few times too.  The nicest bunch of guys you'd ever want to meet!  Although I will say, Joe is definitely the least affable.  I have a photo of he and I from when I was around 14, and you should see his face.  Grimacing Face  lol  He just couldn't force a smile!  Not a bad guy though, just not particularly gregarious.  Anyway... nice avi!

Wow that is so cool!!!! Steven Tyler seems to be a decent down to earth guy, not that I have met him. I have seen Aerosmith a few times and Joe never seems to make eye contact with the audience. But what can I say, look at those abs!

Rock On!

@JerseyGirlNJ I just had to find that photo and post it for you here.  And now that I look at it, he is kind of trying to manage a smile.  Grinning Face With Smiling EyesTwo things I take away from this photo...  First, if you look closely, you'll see my wandering little fingertips holding on to those biceps for dear life.  I just had ta!  And, second, what the heck is my brother wearing?!  Smiling Face With Open Mouth and Tightly-Closed Eyes

Here's one of Tyler with my mom... every time I have seen him, he is always, always an absolute pleasure!

Duuude looks like a lay-day!!

Anyway, rock on right back atcha my friend! Victory HandMicrophone

Wow thanks so much for posting the pics!!!! Hmm not sure about your brother's t-shirt! Classic! I am cracking up! Should be on The Goldberg's! Oh and about the wondering fingers on Joe's abs, don't blame you one bit! Sizzling hot abs! LOL

Respected Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

the avatar I made and it's copyrighted to me........and it's a raven..........................raven

------------

A copyright for a raven? hahahahahahahaha

absolutely.........digital art is intellectual property, thus it can be protected by copy right.........I understand you not knowing this, as I would only expect someone who has talent in this area to understand and be aware of copy right..........................raven

Ah, did you mean you got a copyright on this particular avatar pic? Cool.

P.S. I am a lawyer, so I will look it up to see if it has indeed been copyrighted.

ahhhhhhhhh that's what I said............let's break it down, the avatar I made and it's copyrighted.....seems pretty clear to me.........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@raven-blackbird, I have ALWAYS enjoyed your avatar, it always makes me smile. I like it even more knowing that it was your very own creation! Talent! 

PS:  I love Ravens, too. The pic was a creation of a local artist ($$$) that had to be mine!

image.jpg

they are pretty darn awesome birds........and smart.........love your little guy.......................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

the avatar I made and it's copyrighted to me........and it's a raven..........................raven

------------

A copyright for a raven? hahahahahahahaha

absolutely.........digital art is intellectual property, thus it can be protected by copy right.........I understand you not knowing this, as I would only expect someone who has talent in this area to understand and be aware of copy right..........................raven

Ah, did you mean you got a copyright on this particular avatar pic? Cool.

P.S. I am a lawyer, so I will look it up to see if it has indeed been copyrighted.

Unless raven's name is known, or the title of her work, or the registration number, you'll retrieve 10,000 plus records.  The copyright office doesn't yet have the ability to search by the picture.  I used to file, search, and manage plenty of copyright applications during my career.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

The Goldberg's!  bah haa haa  And the sad thing is... this was like 1999!!  Face With Tears of Joy

@JerseyGirlNJ I wanted to also say, without (totally) overstepping my bounds, that I was browsing Among Friends the other day and saw NAES' thread.  Sending you my very best wishes and biggest hugs.  Purple Heart

Regular Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

The Goldberg's!  bah haa haa  And the sad thing is... this was like 1999!!  Face With Tears of Joy

@JerseyGirlNJ I wanted to also say, without (totally) overstepping my bounds, that I was browsing Among Friends the other day and saw NAES' thread.  Sending you my very best wishes and biggest hugs.  Purple Heart

@AliJoi5, thank you so much for the kind words. Life is very good. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

Our old senior puppies (Aussie/Lab Mix brother & sister) take turns being my Avatar.  Or in our wedding anniversary month, I had a photo of my bouquet.

At the time of this post, this is Ripper.  Zuma just had a pretty long turn.  

@MrsSweetieBear

So sweet your Avatar of your pups, bro and sis!

And a beautiful love bouquet on your wedding anniversary.Heart

My Avatar is on Kaaawa beach, I love to snorkel I am a fish out of water!

I go to Maui, when my sisters go to visit, I have been to the Big Island once,

I would love to visit the other islands... someday soon

Thank you for your reply and reaching out to me, I moved from Mendocino County.

I love traveling through the redwoods along hwy 101 to Confusion Hill, Benbow, Eureka. Humbolt, Mendo, Trinity. Sonoma Countys I miss Nor Cal

Branscomb RD to Ft Bragg (glass beach) Mendocino beach, Nor Cal is beautiful.

Of course loved going south towards Sonoma to the Bay Area, and all the beautiful beaches there too.

I  have lived all over the United States.

And have traveled all over the U.S. I have been very blessed in my life.

take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

I am choosing to stay off the boards or threads for awhile, so you and your husband and fur babies take good care and lets check in again in the near future...to say Howzit SistahSmiley Happy