Frequent Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸Tell Us About Your City or State! America The Beautiful!!!

@Spurt wrote:

@Verdana wrote:

Beautiful @Spurt. I've never been to Texas and I had no idea it was so beautiful.

@Verdana  This is in the spring in Texas, and the more rain in the prior fall, the more spectacular the wildflowers are. And they really have been goregeous the last few years.  Now if you visit Texas in July/August  most everything will look brown due to being beaten down by the heat, except for the oak trees, flowery crape myrtle trees, and native plants.....things start perking up in October pretty nice through April sometimes May ...and then the summer heat begins...(of course my area of Texas isn't quite as humid as Houston and East Texas)....we've had quite a bit of rain thanks to El Nino (we just got nice rain and not the flooding like other parts of Texas)......

Texas is very diverse in topography--it really is a big state.....

Although not as spectacular as New Mexico or AZ...we do have desert in West Texas

East Texas has Texas pine trees....

North Texas is flat

We have the Gulf Of Mexico (our beaches) although not as pretty as California, Fl, NC, SC etc...

And my favorite---The Texas Hill Country....

And charming Hill Country Towns like Fredericksburg, TX

Thanks @Spurt! Fascinating thread!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I live in San Antonio, Texas.....while it can get downright hot and humid in the summer, but before the summer takes over, we get to experience a wonderful spring when the wildflowers are in bloom.....It's fields of blueblonnets, the reddish orange Indian Paint Brush, poppies and many others that create the beautiful scenery.....you can find them along expressways/highways, in the suburbs, and in the country....

@Spurt  Don't forget Go Spurs Go!Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've lived in many states, but I love where I'm living now.  I live in the Evergreen State.

I love the weather, which is moderate and never too hot or too cold.  I dread the winters days when it's dark by 430pm, but I love the long summer days when it's still light after 10pm.

I love the fresh fruit in the summer..all of the berries, apricots, peaches.  I love the seafood, especially the mussels that are farmed not too far from where I live.  And I love the lavender fields.  I love all of the access we have to organic and locally grown food.

I love the blue sky, blue water, and deep green forests.  I love all of the wildlife, the orcas, sea stars, sea otters, ospreys, and herons that I can see on my walks and hikes. 

Yes, winters can sometimes seem dreary, but the summers make up for it, with all of the festivals and other events that happen in summertime.

I also love being close enough to drive to Oregon, which is also one of my favorite states.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I live in San Antonio, Texas.....while it can get downright hot and humid in the summer, but before the summer takes over, we get to experience a wonderful spring when the wildflowers are in bloom.....It's fields of blueblonnets, the reddish orange Indian Paint Brush, poppies and many others that create the beautiful scenery.....you can find them along expressways/highways, in the suburbs, and in the country....

@Spurt  Don't forget Go Spurs Go!Woman Happy

@Cakers3  Hi CAKERS! I did another post about San Antonio and put a photo of our 5 time NBA Champs but forgot to put GO SPURS GO!!!!---LOL!!!  GO SPURS GO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

I've lived in many states, but I love where I'm living now.  I live in the Evergreen State.

I love the weather, which is moderate and never too hot or too cold.  I dread the winters days when it's dark by 430pm, but I love the long summer days when it's still light after 10pm.

I love the fresh fruit in the summer..all of the berries, apricots, peaches.  I love the seafood, especially the mussels that are farmed not too far from where I live.  And I love the lavender fields.  I love all of the access we have to organic and locally grown food.

I love the blue sky, blue water, and deep green forests.  I love all of the wildlife, the orcas, sea stars, sea otters, ospreys, and herons that I can see on my walks and hikes. 

Yes, winters can sometimes seem dreary, but the summers make up for it, with all of the festivals and other events that happen in summertime.

I also love being close enough to drive to Oregon, which is also one of my favorite states.

@Marienkaefer2 I admit I had to look up "Evergreen state" lol.

Very nice! We're thinking of a trip to see the northwest. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

The diversity is beautiful!

Thank you for the great posts!

❤️🇺🇸❤️

America

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••