Honored Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸Tell Us About Your City or State! America The Beautiful!!!

It is Texas, East Texas, Tyler Texas.  We have barbecue, chicken fried steak with gravey and Mexican food all in the same restaurant or at least next to each other.  Good food, happy people and just love being born here and living here.

Triple digits next week so I could do without the temp. and not even August yet.

Happy 4th to all.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:
Spoiler

image.jpegBorn and raised in SoCal, now living on CA's beautiful, world-famous Central Coast, home to Big Sur, Carmel, Monterey Bay Aquarium (the aquarium in Finding Dory was modeled after it), and Santa Cruz, to name a few. Not far from Silicon Valley and several wine-making regions. I took the photo. you can go out and find this every day.

You're so lucky!   If I could live out my time anywhere I want, I would want to live in the Monterey Bay area.  I love Monterey and Pacific Grove.  Of course, I love the Pacific Ocean the most.  I probably won't see the ocean again.  I love your picture!  I have many that I've taken over the years and refer to them often.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt, I miss a few things about The Big City, but not much. I love the weather! In the 60s in Monterey & PG, always a nice breeze everywhere. I love the midday fog. But most of all I love just listening to, and watching, the surf. I could do that for hours.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Another California lover here!  Smiley Happy    Do you know what is the name of that font?  TIA  

That song (the Jeep commercial) is the ringtone on my phone. LOL when it's on TV I jump, thinking it's my phone. I get very weird looks when it rings in public.

Honored Contributor

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Honored Contributor

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

Reading other threads about

the great states of the U.S.A.

I was thinking there's so much to see

and appreciate in every state.

With the July 4th birthday of America

almost here

exercise your bragging rights!

Please tell us what you like ❤️💙

about your home state or city where you

live or maybe your birthplace state

or city and why it's 

a great place to live or visit! 😀

And early Happy July 4th to Everybody!!

😊🇺🇸😊

America the Beautiful!

@newziesuzie  - Thanks for starting this great thread !

ITA @sktchy! Great travel ideas for the great USA!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

chickenbutt  -  the early morning event at the balloon fest is called the Dawn Patrol. 

Trusted Contributor

Songbird1  -  not all of Arizona is like Phoenix.  I live about 3 1/2 hours southeast at 4600 feet, at the base of the Hucahuca Mountains, in the high desert.  When it's 110 in Phoenix, it's 90 here....very nice! :-)

Honored Contributor

@Verdana wrote:

Beautiful @Spurt. I've never been to Texas and I had no idea it was so beautiful.

@Verdana  This is in the spring in Texas, and the more rain in the prior fall, the more spectacular the wildflowers are. And they really have been goregeous the last few years.  Now if you visit Texas in July/August  most everything will look brown due to being beaten down by the heat, except for the oak trees, flowery crape myrtle trees, and native plants.....things start perking up in October pretty nice through April sometimes May ...and then the summer heat begins...(of course my area of Texas isn't quite as humid as Houston and East Texas)....we've had quite a bit of rain thanks to El Nino (we just got nice rain and not the flooding like other parts of Texas)......

Texas is very diverse in topography--it really is a big state.....

Although not as spectacular as New Mexico or AZ...we do have desert in West Texas

East Texas has Texas pine trees....

North Texas is flat

We have the Gulf Of Mexico (our beaches) although not as pretty as California, Fl, NC, SC etc...

And my favorite---The Texas Hill Country....

And charming Hill Country Towns like Fredericksburg, TX

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

madzonie wrote:

chickenbutt  -  the early morning event at the balloon fest is called the Dawn Patrol. 

Oh, it sure is.  Thank You so much.   Geez, if my memory gets any worse I'll have to have somebody tell me my own name each day.  Smiley Happy