Respected Contributor

Re: Television Without Pity Relaunching

@Moonchilde wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

What I read over there is people snarking on the ridiculous storylines/writing and the characters. There are also sections for speculating on what may happen next on a show spoilers, etc.  Yes, there is a lot of "brutality" on certain forums, but that's not the entire site.  

But their forum for non-fiction and news shows, where the QVC thread sat, didn't *have* "characters." The snark was all about the hosts (real people), all the time. With NO filters or barriers of any kind. And woe betide any poster in that forum who ever had anything to say that was supportive in any way. It was a "Whee! Let's bash & shred QVC hosts" forum. Period.

Yes, I know that and I acknowledged that.  That's what my last sentence was referring to since that is what was being discussed, but I guess that was only clear in my head lol.  

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Say what you like about Previously TV, but there are some really funny posters there who often hit the nail on the head.Truth isn't always pretty, but it can be amusing.

"Truth" is in the eye of the beholder.

We must agree to disagree, truth is not relative.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

f you missed a show, they had good recaps.  Hope that feature is returning.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Say what you like about Previously TV, but there are some really funny posters there who often hit the nail on the head.Truth isn't always pretty, but it can be amusing.

Actual, factual truth is not relative. Opinions are not truth, they are opinions. In discussion of how people view a television program and their individual thoughts, opinions and critique, it is opinion only. There is no One Truth involved. "Everyone's Truth" individually or collectively, is nothing more than opinion, unless you're talking mathematics or other hard science.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of it before now, i think we have pitiful tv,period!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Actual, factual truth is not relative. Opinions are not truth, they are opinions. In discussion of how people view a television program and their individual thoughts, opinions and critique, it is opinion only. There is no One Truth involved. "Everyone's Truth" individually or collectively, is nothing more than opinion, unless you're talking mathematics or other hard science.

You have a point, however I maintain that certain practices and means of selling are disrespectful and some downright stupid. We can argue for days about what is or is not opinion, but that is not our best use of time and energy. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to laugh!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hooray!!  Cat Very Happy

Some of the most humours recaps, IMHO; many made me snort out loud.

Thanks for sharing this great news.  

Super Contributor

I enjoyed TWoP very much.  I liked how you could snark away about the shows, but couldn't be snarky about your fellow posters. They were pretty strict about that - times outs and posters being banned were a daily thing there. 

I wish this site was like that.

Valued Contributor

@Donovan wrote:

I enjoyed TWoP very much.  I liked how you could snark away about the shows, but couldn't be snarky about your fellow posters. They were pretty strict about that - times outs and posters being banned were a daily thing there. 

What I understood this thread about shopping  and about show hosts not about just shows. Hosts, people like us who trying to make a living and they put on threads for this. Nothing funny there.In short thanks QVC that this site was not like this.

Or and this my opinion like everybody here but don't we try to educate our kids to be respectable to people around and not snarky? 

Super Contributor

@Lsk wrote:

@Donovan wrote:

What I understood this thread about shopping  and about show hosts not about just shows. Hosts, people like us who trying to make a living and they put on threads for this. Nothing funny there.In short thanks QVC that this site was not like this.

Or and this my opinion like everybody here but don't we try to educate our kids to be respectable to people around and not snarky? 

'I liked how you could snark away about the shows, but couldn't be snarky about your fellow posters.'

Shows, not people and certainly not other posters. I wish this site was more like that.

I loved the MadMen discussion - so many people seeing the same scene different ways.  

Good times that you couldn't have on this site because people derail them with personal attacks or scolding people for having a different opinion than they do.