Esteemed Contributor

Re: Teacher sentenced to 30 years for involvement with teenaged male students

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

He bragged about it and a classmate told their grandmother.

Still against the law.

I don't understand why she would continue when out on bond? Not very bright. 

Exactly, a guy "brags about it;" girls who have been victimized don't.

they are teenagers - their brains and hormones are not mature enough. They are not adults

That doesn't explain why teenage boys brag and teenage girls don't- they're both the same age in this scenario.

Valued Contributor

Everybody has hormones.

Smiley Happy

(I need to put that on a tee shirt one of these days).

But if hormones were the final arbiter as to what is acceptable or cut some slack or written off, then, one could argue that adult- adult rape is driven by hormones. Or that cheating on a spouse is okay because hormones over-ride a sense of moral right.

I always hate it when they refer to what is the sexual abuse of children as "molestation".

It's rape -no matter how full-on or not the predator goes physically.

And as a predatory act, it, like any rape is mostly fueled by abuse of power and a certain lack of respect for one's victim. The hormones of either party barely matter.

If a teen is so driven by his hormones, there ARE their own peers with whom they can discover s8x. They don't need to be exploited by some adult solely interested in his or her own desires.

Its also a problem when people point to hormones - or even the sensation of physical pleasure - which might be experienced by a victim. While some victims are traumatized and overwhelmed by such predators, others come to think its okay or that they're somehow complicit in their own abuse...because it may have felt good.

They can't even differentiate between what is hormonal drive or physical pleasure and what is the fact that they're being abused (until later in life when they realize how BIZARRE the whole thing was and that they were taken advantage of).

Sexual abuse of children and even older adolescents is a terrible thing as it take advantage of their whole being - from their dignity to their peace of mind to their understanding of the world and even to grappling with their own hormones or sexuality.

The teacher needs to be in prison.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

It's different to me, because a grown man can FORCE himself on a young girl.

An adult female typically can't overpower a teenage boy.

To me, it is different.....a minor female cannot protect herself; a teenage boy can....I don't see how a boy is harmed like a female is when she is violated by someone, simply because of the anatomy involved.

Then you need to read up about sexual assault and what it is. It's not just about overpowering someone, it's also about rape by coercion and authority. An adult woman can rape a boy or even an adult man because it's not about whether or not a rapist can overpower a victim or not.

I already know plenty about it.

I'm not talking about legal definitions, I'm talking about real life........rape is about power, it is about overpowering a person and forcing yourself on them.

A woman typically can't do that to a teenage boy.

yes, they can.   Hormones.  Your mind says no, but your body says yes.  There are cases of women who are r*ped that will climax during the r*pe.  That DOESN'T mean that they enjoyed it or they weren't r*aped

Even if a guy gets "ready for action," the female adult would still have to force herself on him - which is typically not possible.

As for your bolded comment, I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion; most women have a problem ringing their chimes when it's consensual.

Not sure how a female would climax at a time like that.

Feel free to educate me....

most women?  No, not most women.  I didn't arrive at that conclusion - there are studies out there.  I didn't say all women, I did say there are CASES - meaning studies have been done.

A female can force themselves on a male.  Yes, they can.  I am not sure why you think they cannot.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

He bragged about it and a classmate told their grandmother.

Still against the law.

I don't understand why she would continue when out on bond? Not very bright. 

Exactly, a guy "brags about it;" girls who have been victimized don't.

they are teenagers - their brains and hormones are not mature enough. They are not adults

That doesn't explain why teenage boys brag and teenage girls don't- they're both the same age in this scenario.

Because there is a double standard between girls and boys. 

Even on this thread, there were claims that it wasn't the same as an older man with a teen girl.  That is a double standard.  Same here.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

Everybody has hormones.

Smiley Happy

(I need to put that on a tee shirt one of these days).

But if hormones were the final arbiter as to what is acceptable or cut some slack or written off, then, one could argue that adult- adult rape is driven by hormones. Or that cheating on a spouse is okay because hormones over-ride a sense of moral right.

I always hate it when they refer to what is the sexual abuse of children as "molestation".

It's rape -no matter how full-on or not the predator goes physically.

And as a predatory act, it, like any rape is mostly fueled by abuse of power and a certain lack of respect for one's victim. The hormones of either party barely matter.

If a teen is so driven by his hormones, there ARE their own peers with whom they can discover s8x. They don't need to be exploited by some adult solely interested in his or her own desires.

Its also a problem when people point to hormones - or even the sensation of physical pleasure - which might be experienced by a victim. While some victims are traumatized and overwhelmed by such predators, others come to think its okay or that they're somehow complicit in their own abuse...because it may have felt good.

They can't even differentiate between what is hormonal drive or physical pleasure and what is the fact that they're being abused (until later in life when they realize how BIZARRE the whole thing was and that they were taken advantage of).

Sexual abuse of children and even older adolescents is a terrible thing as it take advantage of their whole being - from their dignity to their peace of mind to their understanding of the world and even to grappling with their own hormones or sexuality.

The teacher needs to be in prison.

exactly. I was pointing out in my posts that just because a body reacts a certain way, doesn't mean a person wasn't abused/r*aped.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems I read about a story of a female teacher doing this almost everyday now. I don't know if we are just hearing more about it or if there is an increase in the amount of these cases.

I would be very surprised if she served actually served more than a couple of years. I don't think she will serve anywhere close to the maximum of 30 yrs.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Consenual or not, they are still underage. She shouldn't have been a teacher if she didn't know that.

That said, there were many teacher -student relationships in my own high school that went on for years.

Esteemed Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

To me, it is different.....a minor female cannot protect herself; a teenage boy can....I don't see how a boy is harmed like a female is when she is violated by someone, simply because of the anatomy involved.

Then you need to read up about sexual assault and what it is. It's not just about overpowering someone, it's also about rape by coercion and authority. An adult woman can rape a boy or even an adult man because it's not about whether or not a rapist can overpower a victim or not.

I'm not talking about legal definitions, I'm talking about real life........rape is about power, it is about overpowering a person and forcing yourself on them.

yes, they can.   Hormones.  Your mind says no, but your body says yes.  There are cases of women who are r*ped that will climax during the r*pe.  That DOESN'T mean that they enjoyed it or they weren't r*aped

Even if a guy gets "ready for action," the female adult would still have to force herself on him - which is typically not possible.

As for your bolded comment, I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion; most women have a problem ringing their chimes when it's consensual.

most women?  No, not most women.  I didn't arrive at that conclusion - there are studies out there.  I didn't say all women, I did say there are CASES - meaning studies have been done.

A female can force themselves on a male.  Yes, they can.  I am not sure why you think they cannot.

Because a 16 or 17-year-old guy is usually pretty well-developed physically.

How is she going to do anything unless he lets her?

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I think a lot of people answered that question already on this thread for you, but you won't accept the answers.  I would just be repeating what they stated.

Esteemed Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I think a lot of people answered that question already on this thread for you, but you won't accept the answers.  I would just be repeating what they stated.

Part of growing up during your teenage years is learning to make choices.

If you go along with certain people in authority because "he/she is going flunk me unless I let them," that is a choice.