Honored Contributor

Re: Teacher Discharges Gun In Classroom, Student Hurt

@SahmIam @Hippiified @Noel7

You are so right.

Stupidity happens at all levels.  I am reminded of the time I thought I was so cool, I attempted to drive my stick-shift car with my coffee in the same hand with which I was shifting.  The coolness factor lasted about 20 seconds until the coffee spilled all over, and I hadn't even left my garage!

Luckily I hadn't gone far enough to put anyone else in danger.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

@Noel7

Not to hijack your thread, but I wanted to send you best wishes in advance of your surgery that was mentioned on another thread but now I cannot find, so here I am wishing you well.  

All the best for an efficient surgery and an easy recovery!

Heart

Thank you @GingerPeach !  It's another Lupus thing, it never ends.  I got the surgeon to postpone it until right after Easter, it was going to be right before which would ruin the holiday.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

The teacher in question is also a reserve police officer in another town.  He teaches an American Justice class along mathematics.  He decided to teach a class on gun safety.  The sticky wicket is according to the school board superindent is that firearms are not allowed on school campuses by unauthorized school personnel.  For this, the teacher was placed on administrative leave.  He was also placed on admin leave from the police department.  According to the police department, his own gun safety training was little over a year ago.

Honored Contributor

Arming teachers is not a good idea,however they must step up security at schools ,do what is right .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

The teacher in question is also a reserve police officer in another town.  He teaches an American Justice class along mathematics.  He decided to teach a class on gun safety.  The sticky wicket is according to the school board superindent is that firearms are not allowed on school campuses by unauthorized school personnel.  For this, the teacher was placed on administrative leave.  He was also placed on admin leave from the police department.  According to the police department, his own gun safety training was little over a year ago.

Thank you for the update @qbetzforreal !

Trusted Contributor

I don't think this idea of arming teachers is going to end well. 

Honored Contributor

@wishmoonwrote:

I don't think this idea of arming teachers is going to end well. 

I'm with you @wishmoon

Honored Contributor

If a poilceman could do this , and some think having teachers armed is good?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Even with training, it's not just that easy to shoot a moving target. It's worse in crisis situations ,when innocent people might be in danger of getting shot