Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@Campion wrote:

If drinking bag tea, Harrogate of Yorkshire or Tetley's British Blend. Lipton is tasteless to me and Red Rose also got weak. I'm not alone in finding some famous bag teas have gotten very flavorless.

If drinking loose tea, I make my own blend: 1/4 Keemun, 1/4 Assam, 1/4 Nilgiri and 1/4 good Lapsang (not too smokey)

Campion,

Lapsang is my favorite tea.  A long time ago I worked with an Asian woman who introduced me to it. Every day we would stop working for 30 minutes at 3:00 for "tea". One day she had it steeping and I asked her if she was drinking tar. LOL She had me drink some and I loved it. So rich and smokey. Not too many tea drinker acquaintances like it. It's good to meet someone who does. I also use Loose Leaf.

Take care and keep sipping,

dee

@deedledeedeedle

That was my parents' favorite tea, long ago Smiley Happy 

They used to give me a little cup when I was a small child.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

This has been my favorite for about a year now, it's delicious!

The Republic Of Tea Downton Abbey Mrs. Patmore's Pudding Tea, 36 Tea Bags, Gourmet Caramel Vanilla Black Tea

There's a Buckingham Palace gift shop and every holiday my daughter orders tea for me straight from them in England.  I have one from the Queen's Jubilee.

My every day morning tea is Twinings English Breakfast tea.  I'm having some right now because I feel sluggish, this will perk me up Smiley Happy

Fairway Supermarkets carries this by us.

@JustJazzmom

Right, that one is Republic of Tea, not one she orders from England.

You can also find it at Cost Plus World Market or order it from PBS.

Noel,

Twinings produces an excellent tea. Do you pronounce it "twin ings" or "twine ings"?  Just curious.

dee

@deedledeedeedle

I've always said Twine-ings, but I don't know if that's correct.  I sure drink their tea a lot though Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

The drink I drink most of are water and unsweetened green tea. I also like Tazo Chai tea. I make it by the gallon.  I also make sweet (Southern) tea when we have people over. For that I use only Luzianne tea. I make one gallon and put 1/2 cup to one cup of sugar (depending on who my guest are an how sweet they like it) and a pinch of baking soda. That is the trick to sweet tea that a lot of southerners use. It keeps it from being bitter and cloudy. People down here get ridiculous in the amount of sugar they put in their sweet tea.  A couple of years ago I went through Popeye's Chicken drive thru and got some chicken. I ordered an unsweetened tea and they accidentally gave me sweet tea and it was the sweetest and most disgusting tea I have ever had. I don't know how people drink it like that. It literally hurt my teeth and mouth to drink!!!! 

For my personal use of green tea, I vary between a couple of different brands. I like Numi Organic green tea, Mighty Leaf Organic Green Tea and Harney and Sons tea. I like mine a little on the stronger side with no sugar or sugar substitutes. I don't like any drinks with sugar in them, it doesn't quench my thirst at all when I drink any drinks with sugar in them for some reason. I also make the Tazo Chai tea iced and hot. That is one of my favorite drinks of all time. Love Chai!!

Hi @Irshgrl31201  Smiley Happy

I don't drink drinks with sugar, either.  I have a little milk in English or Irish Breakfast tea, but never sugar or any sweetener.

Esteemed Contributor

Lipton, with a touch of lemon.

I refuse to drink sweet tea, as it is loaded with sugar.

Check out just how many grams of sugar is in sweet tea.

Way, way, way to much sugar.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

Sweet tea?  Do you mean Southern style?

I love ice tea but just with a little fresh lemon, no sugar.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

The drink I drink most of are water and unsweetened green tea. I also like Tazo Chai tea. I make it by the gallon.  I also make sweet (Southern) tea when we have people over. For that I use only Luzianne tea. I make one gallon and put 1/2 cup to one cup of sugar (depending on who my guest are an how sweet they like it) and a pinch of baking soda. That is the trick to sweet tea that a lot of southerners use. It keeps it from being bitter and cloudy. People down here get ridiculous in the amount of sugar they put in their sweet tea.  A couple of years ago I went through Popeye's Chicken drive thru and got some chicken. I ordered an unsweetened tea and they accidentally gave me sweet tea and it was the sweetest and most disgusting tea I have ever had. I don't know how people drink it like that. It literally hurt my teeth and mouth to drink!!!! 

For my personal use of green tea, I vary between a couple of different brands. I like Numi Organic green tea, Mighty Leaf Organic Green Tea and Harney and Sons tea. I like mine a little on the stronger side with no sugar or sugar substitutes. I don't like any drinks with sugar in them, it doesn't quench my thirst at all when I drink any drinks with sugar in them for some reason. I also make the Tazo Chai tea iced and hot. That is one of my favorite drinks of all time. Love Chai!!

Hi @Irshgrl31201  Smiley Happy

I don't drink drinks with sugar, either.  I have a little milk in English or Irish Breakfast tea, but never sugar or any sweetener.

Hey @Noel7! How are you doing today? It just doesn't quench my thirst at all if sugar is in it. It seems to make me more thirsty when sugar is in there!! I can't use sugar substitute because of my Crohns. It irritates my GI system so bad if even the tiniest amount of that stuff is in there! One time I wasn't paying attention when I bought some yogurt and it had one of those zero calorie fake sugars in it. OMG, the pain!! Hahaha! I have never tried milk in my tea, I usually do lemon or plain. I will have to try that one day!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I like the Costco version of Green Tea, which has a little Matcha (sp?) in it.  Light and delicious.  For caffeinated tea, I really like Earl Grey but love most teas.  It's all in the brewing.

I stayed once at a Fairmont Hotel in Montreal, The Queen Elizabeth, that had a tea with anise and I think mint.  Lovely tea--I purchased some in the gift shop, but next time I ordered they had discontinued it.  I love iced tea also--so refreshing.

I'll go over to the coffee thread, too--I like it, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

Sweet tea is so popular where I live (NC) and some of the tea here is out of hand! I swear some people and restaurants must put at least 2 cups of sugar in it per gallon. Every once in a while a server will make a mistake and accidentally give me a sweet tea instead of unsweetened and even a tiny sip hurts my teeth!! When I have people over who I know drink sweet tea, I will make some for them. I have a friend who likes it really sweet so I put a cup in when I was making a gallon. I took a sip of it and I thought it was really super sweet and she thought it needed more sugar! I had a little bottle of simple syrup I had made for mixed drinks and she added more to it!

The sweetest sweet tea I have ever had was at Popeyes. It was almost thicker because of the amount of sugar in it. I thought perhaps the person who made it accidentally put too much sugar in it but my daughter told me that is how sweet it always is. It was just so gross I honestly don't know how anyone can take it that sweet. I am not opposed to sugar as I do love dessert but that was just ridiculous! Lol!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

I have always heard Southern Style called sweet tea.

I am trying to cut back on sugar.

I have one or two sodas a month, maybe one glass of orange juice a month, one ice cream treat a week.

I do like summer fruit, and will eat those whole, because you get some fiber when you do.

I don't drink fruit juice, again, because of the sugar.

Respected Contributor

I grew up drinking tea. Very milky and very sweet.  I'm still hard pressed to find a water glass in the cupboard amongst the cups and mugs.  Today I take my tea unsweetened most times, with milk,  never ever cream.  Lipton is the old standard.  Today I like twinings Irish breakfast tea bags.  Loose tea I like Yunnan.