Honored Contributor

Re: Taylor Swift is really leaving a carbon footprint!

@cody2 wrote:
This thread is an example of how things get magnified and run off the tracks here. I actually like Taylor. I am not a rabid Ecologist. I know there is a Kansas City in Kansas. And i respect the right of others to fly their planes anywhere and anytime they want to. I read the article that I quoted. I thought is was harmless celebrity gossip about Taylor and her life, which I can't imagine, so I posted it. And from that I get all these insults and speculation about what kind of person I am, I am jealous, not aware of all the good she does and what my politics are? It is all about intent and mine was not the big, heavy mess it turned into. Peace out.

@cody2   It is just celebrity gossip and even my post ends with a tongue in cheek remark about plastic straws.

The back door political remarks were just ridiculous. Had TS been on the opposite side of the fence the same defenders would be bashing her.

The hypocrisy never fails.

btw: Vote dot org is non- partisan.🙄

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

The title of this thread started with a "back door political remark."

Why would anyone be surprised it continued through the thread?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't fly at all. The last time I flew anywhere was over 20 yrs ago. Therefore, I give my carbon footprint to Taylor to use for her travels. 😁

@Pearlee - I love this!  I don't fly either. Fly on Taylor!!

@gidgetgh  Thanks, my friend. 😀

Honored Contributor

Well OJ, the one celebrity who was named here for killing people, said that he thought Taylor and Brittany Mahomes having their hugs and handshakes while watching the game was a "turn on".

That's far more offensive to me than Taylor's carbon footprint. Ew what a creep he is.
"She is gone but she used to be mine"
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't fly at all. The last time I flew anywhere was over 20 yrs ago. Therefore, I give my carbon footprint to Taylor to use for her travels. 😁

@Pearlee - I love this!  I don't fly either. Fly on Taylor!!

@gidgetgh  @Pearlee ... Taylor can have mine too! I haven't flown for over 20 years and don't plan to! 

Respected Contributor

I confess.  I am kind of enjoying the romance!  Even though I don't know much about either of them.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
Don't believe she has ever expressed any opinions regarding climate change. Of she had the correct other views for some posters here she wouldn't be criticized.

She can afford to own her own planes, I think she might even own two. Good for her for being so successful. She loans the planes out too.

She has also made significant monetary donations to food pantries in every stop of her tour so far, and famously handsomely rewarded her tour crew and truck drivers.

@Greeneyedlady21 

I just read she has entered the realm of BILLIONAIRE with her new movie or whatever it is.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I am from Kansas City and love my Chiefs. I wonder if Taylor even likes football but she does like a winner and it makes me wonder if she would go to all the games if she was dating a non celebrity football player unlike Kelsey or a team that didn't win much. 

Her jumping up and clapping all the time is a bit overboard for me but I'm sure Kelsey likes it. 

If they are having fun for now I guess that's what important. 

Mahomes and Kelsey are a fun couple to watch! 

@luvmyteddy4 

I am not sure if you have Netflix, but check out "Quarterback" It goes deep into the last football season in both personal and sports, for Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota. The executive producer is Peyton Manning. I learned a lot about Mahomes and I really enjoyed the 10 episode documentary. 

@icezeus I just saw on my the news that LeBron James is teaming up with Peyton Manning to do a similar thing around 3 basketball players.