Honored Contributor

This thread is about Seattle and a soda tax. You want to take it into an entirely different direction

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

This thread is about Seattle and a soda tax. You want to take it into an entirely different direction

@cherry

I will try one more time, as I'm just trying to clarity.

Did the drug needle program in Seattle have something to do with the soda tax?  If so, I must have missed that connection.

Honored Contributor

People are upset because it seems as if addicts and their addictions are OK , and get gov help, but people better not  drink a soda, because they deem it unhealthy.  There is a contradiction there it seems ,to some  .. It is tied in

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

People are upset because it seems as if addicts and their addictions are OK , and get gov help, but people better not  drink a soda, because they deem it unhealthy.  There is a contradiction there it seems ,to some  .. It is tied in

@cherry

I don't think it's tied in, but hey, maybe that's just me.

Honored Contributor

The tax on soda is paying for this  perhaps.  Its Ok to be an addict ,but the evil pop drinkers must be fined ,and made to pay , and they are could be using pop revenue to fund some of this.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The tax on soda is paying for this  perhaps.  Its Ok to be an addict ,but the evil pop drinkers must be fined ,and made to pay , and they are could be using pop revenue to fund some of this.

@cherry

So, maybe the tax is used for the needle program, which can save lives.

Or maybe it's not.  So, it may be related to the soda tax and maybe not.

I don't think soda drinkers or drug addicts ar evil.

But it's O.K. to assume that because I am not against the soda tax, I must think that soda drinkers are evil.

Not a good assumption.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't speaking about you. I was speaking about the government  when I posted that

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I wasn't speaking about you. I was speaking about the government  when I posted that

@cherry

I have a lot of thoughts about the government, but thinking they believe soda drinkers are evil isn't one of them.

Honored Contributor

I think they are using pop drinkers and saying its for their own good  ,as an excuse to get money out of them.  I hope it backfires

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think they are using pop drinkers and saying its for their own good  ,as an excuse to get money out of them.  I hope it backfires

@cherry

I know you do.