Valued Contributor

Re: Tax Incentive Money has Been Deposited

@123s  If you didn't receive a refund when you filed, and had to pay the IRS, they don't save your info. You have to go to their website and enter your direct deposit information--that was what I had to do today. Once you got into the page it was easy to load. It's just a very busy page!

If you don't want to give them your direct deposit information they will mail you a paper check. I think I remember hearing that would be another 6-8 weeks....?

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

I checked this AM: it's in there! Yay!

Contributor

I did not file yet for 2019.  I filed for 2018, and I receive social security direct deposit.  I now know of a few more friends who have the same status.   I have no luck, so i'm not expecting anything.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo 

But Social Security is taxable, I get SS and pay taxes at the end of the year 

@Linmo wrote:

@SunSprite wrote:

@irbrenda @BrandiDavis   both of you got "payment status unavailable"....did you both not file 2019 returns? I'm wondering if that is the common denominator. My sister got the same thing, and she didn't file 2019.

It is possible that they are going through the 2019 returns first and then 2018 and then those who get ss but do not file taxes. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Linmo 

But Social Security is taxable, I get SS and pay taxes at the end of the year 

@Linmo wrote:

@SunSprite wrote:

@irbrenda @BrandiDavis   both of you got "payment status unavailable"....did you both not file 2019 returns? I'm wondering if that is the common denominator. My sister got the same thing, and she didn't file 2019.

It is possible that they are going through the 2019 returns first and then 2018 and then those who get ss but do not file taxes. 

@I am still oxox  Many folks who receive SS are not required to file taxes because they don't meet the minimum income requirement.

Honored Contributor

So the strange amount that was deposited was for the both of us?  Or do they deposit money separately?  It was one deposit.

Esteemed Contributor

To those who got the message "Payment Status Not Available" ; I read this online.

However, while the portal was functioning early Wednesday, by mid-morning users who tried to log in were greeted with a message that said "Due to high demand, you may have to wait longer than usual to access this site." Other users reported being ask to wait, we're able to input their information but we're given a message that said " Payment Status Not Available " , and directed to a FAQ page.

I got the same message Payment Status Not Available. I wouldn't be surprised with all the information necessary to process. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm   If you filed a joint return you get one amount deposited into the account that you listed on you tax return.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Lucky Charm   If you filed a joint return you get one amount deposited into the account that you listed on you tax return.

@50Mickey Thanks for your reply.

Trusted Contributor

Mine arrived this morning also. 

Genuinely curious, why would anyone not want to have their check direct deposited?  

It's so much faster and easier, I've always used that system for refunds.  What would be a reason not to?