Honored Contributor

Re: Tax Incentive Money has Been Deposited

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Mine showed up this morning.....

Mine too.  It will offset a small portion of what I've lost in my 401K. 

Respected Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@irbrenda @BrandiDavis   both of you got "payment status unavailable"....did you both not file 2019 returns? I'm wondering if that is the common denominator. My sister got the same thing, and she didn't file 2019.

It is possible that they are going through the 2019 returns first and then 2018 and then those who get ss but do not file taxes. 

Trusted Contributor

Mine showed up in my account this morning, too. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I filed taxes for 2019 and it has my bank information on it.  I checked the government site for where is my payment and it said what some of the others have stated that we don't have my banking information but I receive Social Security by direct deposit, so I am not worried because they have said if you receive Social Security they have your information.  I don't think the government website is fully loaded at this point, so I'm not worried.  It will arrive eventually.  I feel very fortunate that this check makes no difference to me but my heart breaks for all of those who are in desperate need and without a paycheck or social security. 

Respected Contributor

My husband and I both had deposits this morning.

However, with the extreme Fed intervention, our meager interest on our bank accounts will be ever meager - er so we will lose out overall.

There is no free lunch. 

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@gidgetgh  I would think you'd have to do it for yourself too, simply because it's possible you and your husband are no longer together/you no longer live at that address/etc. 

It's a good question though, I'm sure others have asked it as well. Did you try the FAQ's link to see if there was anything there?

@Spurt  Cute cat picture! Cat Happy

@SunSprite - thanks for responding.  The only thing that is weird though, is that you have to put your adjusted gross income from your tax return. So I did that, but the gross income is from a joint return. So if I put it down for my husband I can't really put it down for me also.  It's very confusing (which doesn't surprise me in the least  and I didn't really see any FAQ's. We both draw social security though and get that directly deposited so I'll check again but I guess it will show up when it shows up. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The full IRS letter of how this works clearly points out that the first identification of eligibility and who gets what amount would be based on 2019 tax returns.  There are many people who have not yet filed their 2019 returns because the plans were formulated before April 15th, and with the new deadline of July 15th some won't be filing until then. The second round of verications will be the 2018 returns. The letter also states that those who do not file tax returns (for whatever reason) will have to go to the IRS website to claim their stimulus.  

Personally I think government officials and the media could do a better job of reporting how this stimulus payment process works. Seems like all I ever hear is everyone is getting somethng, but rarely how the process works.  I went to the IRS website and that's where I found the letter detailing the process.  Some people (I dare to say the most needy among us) may not have access to computers (with libraries closed,  or have cell phones with data plans, so they won't be able to access the website. 

Trusted Contributor

Saw ours this morning; straight into savings. You never know when you'll need it down the road.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Occasional Contributor

There was nothing in my account today and when I checked, IRS said they did not have my info. They did have it because they took out money from my account last week, so I assume they must be looking at the 2018 return and not the 2019 account. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

We got ours deposited today.