Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Tax Incentive Money has Been Deposited

I know plenty of people who don’t have a bank account.
Honored Contributor

@QP Doll 

I don't think our HL is re-opening.  They are kinda mad at our "health" department as they felt they were "essential" and stayed open defying the "order to shutdown".  In fact, they just closed this past Friday.  The sign on the door says"  We are closed because the ______Sheriff and Health Dept. does not consider craft stores essential".  

Hmmm but Michaels & Joanne Fabrics are  still open - go figure!_

My friend works there p/t and told me they laid everyone off -- with NO return date even if they re-open the state.  I hope this is not true since she left a good retail job to go work for them...

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I have a question if someone knows the answer.

Our payment is not in our account (of course not). I saw that @BrandiDavis @mentioned the IRS site, get my payment thing, so I went there. 

My husband and I have filed both the 2018 and 2019 taxes. Our direct deposit info was on the return for both years. We didn't get refunds in those years though. We had to pay. which we did. 

Anyway, I went to the site and it asked for the social security number so I put my husband's in since his is listed first on our tax returns. 

The result of the search showed that they needed our direct deposit information. Interesting, since it's been in our return for years now, but I went ahead and entered it. 

My question is do I also need to do this for MY social security number?  Or does the fact that we do a joint return and I did my husband since he's listed first Take care of both of us?

@gidgetgh   I am not sure.  But I completed a form for both of us even though we file jointly.  We did get refund, but via a paper check.  I entered my data first, then did DH's.  It took a little bit of time processing mine, but DH's went in rapidly.   Perhaps the direct deposit information IRS has on file is listed under your name.

Honored Contributor

We will get the money when we get it, if it gets deposited fine, if it gets mailed so be it. It is a nonus and we wil treat it that way

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@Trix wrote:

The full IRS letter of how this works clearly points out that the first identification of eligibility and who gets what amount would be based on 2019 tax returns.  There are many people who have not yet filed their 2019 returns because the plans were formulated before April 15th, and with the new deadline of July 15th some won't be filing until then. The second round of verications will be the 2018 returns. The letter also states that those who do not file tax returns (for whatever reason) will have to go to the IRS website to claim their stimulus.  

Personally I think government officials and the media could do a better job of reporting how this stimulus payment process works. Seems like all I ever hear is everyone is getting somethng, but rarely how the process works.  I went to the IRS website and that's where I found the letter detailing the process.  Some people (I dare to say the most needy among us) may not have access to computers (with libraries closed,  or have cell phones with data plans, so they won't be able to access the website. 

@Trix  Ty for this information! Do you mind if I ask where I can find that at? Irs.gov?

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@irbrenda @BrandiDavis   both of you got "payment status unavailable"....did you both not file 2019 returns? I'm wondering if that is the common denominator. My sister got the same thing, and she didn't file 2019.

@SunSprite  I have not filed 2019 yet, so that must be what it is...and according to another poster on here the IRS essentially said that this was the case. I didn't know about that. All I had ever read said as long as you filed EITHER 2018 or 2019 you would get it, well I thought by 4/15, but for me that wasn't the case....so I am thinking this must be the reason. At least I hope anyways lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis  The letter's gone now that things are up and running on the Stimulus payments, but it's more specific now.  Go to irs.gov and on the homepage there will be some selection boxes on the home page.  Some are for income tax related items, but the one you want is called: Get Coronavirus Tax Relief.  Click and you will go to the page with links to all the information and forms available related to the payments.