Honored Contributor

I don’t have any tattoos and have never wanted one but both of my kids have them.  They had to be 18 yr of age and pay for them themselves.

Super Contributor

Nay for me, best left for drunken sailors .  Don’t get me going on brides ...

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t judge others who don’t have tattoos. Why harsh on those that do?  It’s very unbecoming and small minded.  Now pat yourselves on the back. Go on.  I’ll wait. 

@GenXmuse, I don't think anyone is being harsh or small minded.  I asked a question out of curiosity.  I don't know your age, and don't care, but there really is a big difference in what was "socially acceptable" way back when when I was a teen and in my 20s.  Women didn't get tats, and most men that did were vets.  And like it or not, it was a deal breaker for many employers.  Seems to me you're the one being "harsh" and judgmental.  And btw, my daughter recently told my husband and I that she really is sorry she ever got one.  Now pushing 40 and a mother of 4, not wanting her kids to make the same "mistake" (her words, not mine) she spends a lot of time covering it up with dermablend. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tattoos - Yea or Nay?

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

"Uh, that would be a NO, a big fat NO!"  Cat Tongue

"what tribe is it exactly you belong to you little Irish girl?" Woman Very Happy

I enjoy creativity, find many tatts interesting, and appreciate the artwork and/or lettering.  I also wonder about the inspiration (if there is one, LOL) or story behind them.

Placement and color(s) can be key, though.

Ya know, being that you adore your sweet furbaby, her name or even just a paw print could be in your future.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

Re: Tattoos - Yea or Nay?

[ Edited ]

My eldest doesn't require my permission or approval, he has some small, tasteful ones that I'm ok with.  It's probably a good idea to keep an open and running communication about these long-standing markings with those that are not yet able to consent on their own.

Respected Contributor

I don’t have any, but Ive seen some really pretty ones . I did try a dainty colorful butterfly decal over my breast cancer scar to see what It would look like. 😊

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind a tatoo, or even two or three. Actually, I've always wanted one. I'm 63 years old and I may still get one. At this stage of my life I don't have to worry about my job not liking it, I retired last year. I certaintly wouldn't do a full or half sleeve, something small and tasteful on a part of my body that won't sag or wrinkle. I think that leaves the inside of my lower arm.LOL I think a lot of younger people look at tats as body art. Two of my three kids have tattoos. Neither of them got their tattoos until they were over 21. My son has three and my daughter has five. They aren't huge or gross. I would much rather see a well done tattoo than piercings. Just my opinion, to each his own.

Honored Contributor

Nay - absolutely, positively Nay!

Valued Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

"Uh, that would be a NO, a big fat NO!"  Cat Tongue

"what tribe is it exactly you belong to you little Irish girl?" Woman Very Happy

Although I wouldn't cover a large area myself, I enjoy creativity, find many tatts interesting, and appreciate the artwork and/or lettering.  I also wonder about the inspiration (if there is one, LOL) or story behind them.

Ya know, being that you adore your sweet furbaby, her name or even just a paw print could be in your future.  ;-)

@feline groovy, stickin' to my big fat NO!  Tats are just not for me, but certainly don't begrudge those that have them.  And as far as my daughter's silly response "tribal lizard" she was winging it to try to make me see her point of view.  Nope, not falling for it!

As far as my current furbaby (and the strays and adopted furbabies before her), I started a charm bracelet many years ago with my very first one.  All of their names are inscribed on the bracelet, but more importantly etched in my heart.  xox, LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

Personally I’m not a fan .I don’t find them attractive at all.But hey, to each their own.