Respected Contributor

Nah, not for me. Son always wanted one but he’s afraid of needles so none for him either. 🤣

Honored Contributor

I confess that I don't get it, but whatever floats your boat. I don't think they will look very attractive when they are old, but again none of my business.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I am not into the damaged look.

damaged look? like anything else,if it is done nice...

Honored Contributor

I don't have any and my DH and kids do not either.  My DIL has a heart on her ankle that she wishes she didn't have. I think she has another one that is always covered for modestly too.

My kids wanted to get them when they were younger and I told them that I would not allow them to come home if they did.

My oldest son called me while he was in the military and told me he got a tat.  I told him I had no son and hung up on him.

He called back and I didn't answer.  Finally my DH answered the phone and spoke to him.  My DH told me that he really didn't get a tat, and was just testing me.  I laughed  and said "I know."  Today that son is glad he didn't go through with it.  His employer does not allow them to be showing.

I have a beautiful niece...really beautiful, who has a large "tramp stamp" and tats on her arms, but not covered completely. I don't like the tats, but I love my niece.

I also have a nephew who got a very large tat on his chest and shoulder when he was 16.  I didn't approve, but my brother and his wife gave their permission.  His tat is very big and ugly, but I love my nephew anyway. 

Tattoos are on the bottom of my love list, but it is a personal choice that everyone needs to make for themselves when they are an adult. I do not think less of a person with a tat. Their body, their choice.

( I know, I gave my young adult son a difficult time, but if he really got a tat, I would still love him and he would be welcome home)

Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 

I don't know maybe the older women have spider veins on their legs they are trying to hide or sun damage on their arms also trying to hide.  As a woman ages the skin usually gets thinner and I think it has been proven that the ink gets in your system and that's not good so that would be a big no from me.  

Respected Contributor

I cannot imagine where this tat's trend came from.  Why anyone would want to do that to their body is beyond me.   I can possibly see why a woman (girl) may want a small butterfly or floral at her ankle or other body part but full sleeve, face, neck  tats, Oh my.  And what they are going to look like as the skin ages.  It's really makes me wonder when I see someone with an all black or all blue tat, what the purpose of it is - just looks like a dirty spot.   It adds nothing decorative to the body which I guess is the purpose of colorful tats.

Wonder about the infections that occur from tne needles and ink while the tat site is healing.  I see young men and women with children full of  tats and my thought always is where do they get the extra money for tats with a young family. 

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 I know a few people that do tats..they will barter or do them very inexpensively...

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

When a beautiful woman gets a tat it just makes her a beautiful woman with a tat but when an older woman has them beautiful or not......

I've never thought it looked good. Aged faces and bodies doesn't make a good canvas for tat ink.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have any tatoos.  It's not something on my radar.  A handful of coworkers have one or more.  I think less is better.

Honored Contributor

I don’t judge others who don’t have tattoos. Why harsh on those that do?  It’s very unbecoming and small minded.  Now pat yourselves on the back. Go on.  I’ll wait.