Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tattoo inks stay in the body, invade lymph nodes

[ Edited ]

There should be warnings to people now who go for tattoos  for the first time that there is this concern. This is very disturbing to me and I do not have any tattoos. I know people who do.   

Honored Contributor

Lead crystal glasswear, wine and water goblets, serving bowls, etc., etc.

I remember removing the (whatever) ' % lead crystal' tiny gold labels from various serving bowls, goblets, etc. many, many years ago.

People (well most/many) just didn't think about those things way back when.  Lead crystal goblets/bowls/etc. were widely coveted, as I recall.

I wouldn't put anything acidic into those items (such as tomato sauce, orange juice, etc.)  In those days we (well, I) really didn't think about it.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Yes, this is true.  I had a friend that developed a tumor on the back of her neck.  She had a large tatoo on her back.  When the Dr removed the tumor it was full of ink.  No lie

Super Contributor

I think using cream of mushroom soup in casserole recipes causes more damage to one's body than my 3 tattoos caused to mine. The article is absolutely pointnelss and the OP's need to 'alert the media' is just as sad.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IntoSkincare

I happen to be the original poster and I have no idea what you mean with your   dismissive statement about the "OP's need to alert the  media".

I am in no position to "alert the media" about anything. 

Thank you for alerting readers here that cream of mushroom soup is worse than tattoo ink.  Dietary recommendations perhaps belong on another thread.

If anything is sad, it is  that some commentary in these forums reflects  failure by some people  to first read  (thoroughly) what is posted, and then make sure they  comprehend it --before posting a gratuitous reply.

Esteemed Contributor

@IntoSkincare wrote:

I think using cream of mushroom soup in casserole recipes causes more damage to one's body than my 3 tattoos caused to mine. The article is absolutely pointnelss and the OP's need to 'alert the media' is just as sad.

You are wrong on so many levels. "Using soup as your explaination is pointless".  Your sad because you have three tattoos and your stuck with them and what might happen to your body in the future. I say bravo to the O/P for starting this thread and giving people who are thinking of getting these things to think smarter. There should be regulations when getting a tatoo. Too many people have been having problems with infections and worse problems.

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@IntoSkincare

I happen to be the original poster and I have no idea what you mean with your   dismissive statement about the "OP's need to alert the  media".

I am in no position to "alert the media" about anything. 

Thank you for alerting readers here that cream of mushroom soup is worse than tattoo ink.  Dietary recommendations perhaps belong on another thread.

If anything is sad, it is  that some commentary in these forums reflects  failure by some people  to first read  (thoroughly) what is posted, and then make sure they  comprehend it --before posting a gratuitous reply.

You go girl!Woman Wink