Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tattoo Inks and Cancer Link

@seaBreeze wrote:

Certain food coloring dyes are banned in Europe but not in the U.S. .... most dyes are petroleum-based and therefore carcinogenic.   Tattoo ink appears to be extra saturated .... I would rethink before getting 'inked.'

Too late!

I am the proud owner of three beautiful tattoos!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think certain people have a predisposition to getting cancer, which is why the women in my mother's family all drank and smoked occasionally, ate bacon and eggs daily, exercised little, worried a lot (WWI and II, and depression) but lived a long, healthy life, that is, until my mother got cervical cancer in her 60's. I also think attitude has a bit to do with it (kind of the think you will or think you won't, but you are right, thing). Of course, today we live with more carcinogens than other generations; pollution, GMO's, hormones in milk and beef, etc. As I get older, I tend to err on the side of NOT doing anything preventable that might possibly cause health issues. This includes injecting anything into my body that doesn't NEED to be there! I also grow tired of things easily and would end up regretting anything I chose!😳

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

As you get older your skin thins out, i.e. on the hands, feet, decollete and I think it would not only be painful to get a tattoo but unsafe.  

Respected Contributor

I saw this really pretty woman with flawless peaches and cream skin and she covered that with an ugly vine tatoo from her ankle to her knee.  It looked terrible.  How anyone could mess with perfection is a mystery. 

Occasional Contributor

I myself am a huge fan of tattoos. Seeing that I have 7, I guess I can say that!!Smiley LOL The way I see it is, nowadays, the dang air you breathe will give you cancer. Granted, I'm sure the ink could get in your bloodstream or whatever is it this new study is saying but there are so much worse things in this world to worry about. I figure if I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna go out with some pretties on my body. I see nothing wrong with them. I love mine!!

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I saw this really pretty woman with flawless peaches and cream skin and she covered that with an ugly vine tatoo from her ankle to her knee.  It looked terrible.  How anyone could mess with perfection is a mystery. 

Because she did it for her. To her, she made her body even more beautiful by getting the tattoo.

Afterall, it's her body, her choice, her decision.

Don't like tattoos?

Fine, then don't get one.

But they are so common place today, that people that you interact with on a daily basis have them.

Teachers, doctors, mechanics, sales people, etc.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that they don't have a tatt.

And just because they do have one, doesn't make them "less"  of a person, or "stupid" for having gotten inked.

People from all walks of life have tatts.

This judgement of those with tatts has got to stop.

Some of the nicest people have tatts.

Don't judge a person just because they have a tattoo.

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

People who have tattoos don't get them to please anyone but themselves. We really don't care what other people think. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

The people who think tattoos are ugly are able to express their feelings just as people can who think they are beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@truffle wrote:

People who have tattoos don't get them to please anyone but themselves. We really don't care what other people think. 

Exactly!!!!

I got my tatts for ME, and no one else. 

They make ME happy, and I don't give a royal flying fig if others like it or not.

If they don't, then that's their problem, and NOT mine.

I choose to live in the moment, and not worry about what may or may not happen in the future.

We only get ONE life, and I plan on having as much fun as possible, no matter how long or short it may be.

Afterall, I could be killed in an auto accident tomorrow, and I would rather go out knowing that I had had fun, rather than worrying about what I ate, drank, or put on my body.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Because she did it for her. To her, she made her body even more beautiful by getting the tattoo.

Afterall, it's her body, her choice, her decision.

Don't like tattoos?

Fine, then don't get one.

But they are so common place today, that people that you interact with on a daily basis have them.

Teachers, doctors, mechanics, sales people, etc.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that they don't have a tatt.

And just because they do have one, doesn't make them "less"  of a person, or "stupid" for having gotten inked.

People from all walks of life have tatts.

This judgement of those with tatts has got to stop.

Some of the nicest people have tatts.

Don't judge a person just because they have a tattoo.

Don't accuse a person of "judging" because they like something different than you do.

She called the lady pretty and said she had messed with perfection. Those are compliments.

Don't get a tattoo and then get bent out of shape when everyone doesn't like it. If you're getting it FOR YOURSELF, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks!