Honored Contributor

Target & Aldi Recall Peaches - Salmonella

• On Wednesday, Target and Aldi issued voluntary recalls of Wawona-brand bagged peaches linked to a salmonella enteritis outbreak across at least nine US states.
  • The outbreak has sickened at least 68 people and hospitalized at least 14. The Food and Drug Administration is still investigating if the contaminated peaches were shipped to other retailers.
  • This is the second salmonella outbreak to result in recalls in the last month. On August 1, Thomson International issued a recall of onions linked to at least 1,208 salmonella cases so far.

Target and Aldi issued voluntary recalls of bagged peaches sold in their stores from June 1 to present day on Wednesday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has linked Wawona-brand peaches sold in 2-pound plastic bags to an outbreak of salmonella enteritis across at least nine states, according to the recall notice.

The recall on the Food and Drug Administration website only mentions Aldi, but the Minnesota Department of Health also identified Target as having sold peaches linked to the outbreak. Target's recall is posted on its website.

As of August 20, the CDC counts at least 68 cases of salmonella linked to peaches so far, 14 of which have resulted in hospitalizations. 

Aldi reported that the supplier, Wawona Packing Company, LLC,  shipped potentially contaminated peaches to the following states:

• Connecticut
  • Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Kentucky
  • Massachussetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • North Dakota
  • New Hampshire
  • New York
  • Ohio
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • Wisconsin
  • West Virginia

The Food and Drug Administration is still investigating the source of the outbreak, including the possibility that contaminated peaches were shipped to other retailers. In the meantime, the FDA advises anyone who has purchased bagged peaches from affected retailers, and can't identify the brand, to throw them away. 

The peaches-linked salmonella outbreak is the second tied to the bacteria to strike the country this month. On August 1, Thomson International, Inc. issued a recall of onions potentially contaminated with Salmonella Newport. The affected onions, which were sold at retailers across all 50 US states and in Canada, have sickened at least 1,208 people.

Read the original article on Business Insider

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Target & Aldi Recall Peaches - Salmonella

Everyday something else is recalled!! What's left to eat?

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ @I agree that food seems to have more recalls than in the past years.I mostly purchase food to cook so I hope to destroy virus.I rarely buy salad ingredients now.We grow lettuce and tomato and onions.I have to purchase cucumber still.

i was reading in another post about your sons wedding plans needing to be changed.I think a smaller wedding will still be very lovely and more personal.The virus has been a real stinker considering it keeps people apart in troubled times rather than coming together to offer support.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex  Thank you for your words of encouragement.