Respected Contributor

Re: Target Reorganizes Their Toy Section

@muttmom wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Uh oh....they better not put the Barbies next to the G I Joes or we all know what the results will be.

Sort of like what happened to Dairy Queen when Burger King could not control his Whopper.Smiley Wink

I guess that's why the famous In-N-Out Burger was born!

Respected Contributor

I've said it before. Political correctness run amok.......

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Totally, totally ridiculous!

Did I say  - TOTALLY !!!!!!! ?

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel like we're being punked.

This woman is either 

A. Bored out of her mind, or

B. Having no problems in her life

You have to be kidding me.  

When I go to Target for toys I just want to hurry up.  The signs help guide me to the right section.  This world has gone insane.  Next they'll take down the men's and women's signs in the restrooms, and all clothing will be unis&x.  And for those who are saying that we are the ones complaining?  Well, let's see...who complained first?  Oh yeah, the pc woman.

Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

No little girls in this house--

I love being able to quickly glance at an aisle and determine if those are girl toys or boy toys.  A sea of pink is a good indicator that there is no need for me to venture that way.  Saves time.  I hope they don't start organizing Barbie in aisle next to Tonka trucks.

What would happen if they ever come out with a "Construction Site Contractor" Barbie though?

Why, I'm afraid your head might blow up or something. lol

Her post did not merit this type of response

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Haven't read the replies yet, and have to leave soon, but wanted to chime in about how disgusted I was to hear this earlier in the week.

I've never been a fan of Target. They are just Walmart done over in red, in my opinion. No better quality or difference really, a store full of China made stuff that people who look down on Walmart seem to get all giddy over.

As for the toy reorganization, how stupid. If I am shopping for a pink castle, or a Tonka truck, I want to know just where to go to get it. If I have to shop for a boy, just put all the traditional boy stuff in one place. Don't make me hunt for it.

If I have a girl that like boy stuff, I'll know where to go to find it. If I have a boy that wants a princess pink dollhouse, never had a problem figuring out where that was going to be. 

And most stores have sections for the gender neutral things like books, puzzles, games and educational stuff grouped together. 

Wasn't any need to reinvent the wheel, in my opinion. Target was just trying to appear all politically correct and on trend with all the gender issues in the news today. Makes me love them even less that I already did.

EVERY store is full of Chinese-made items, but they also sell plenty of American made, and those businesses stay afloat because of these large accounts.  

ITA with the last paragraph.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I don't shop for toys anyway...  One does wonder, though, if this is the face of things to come...  Combined boys and girls clothing departments... Combined mens and womens clothing departments... Hey, we're already seeing unisex bathrooms...  Does gender-neutral have an age limit?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Uh oh....they better not put the Barbies next to the G I Joes or we all know what the results will be.

Ken without his steady for Saturday night at the Malt Shop? Woman LOL

Ken cruising the toy aisles for Bratz pick ups? Woman LOL

Ken visiting the Star War Legos characters to commiserate with having no dates? Woman LOL

Or, could be Ken and Joe will hook up and Barbie will be the one without a date on Saturday night. Poor thing, just rambling around all alone in the Malibu beach house...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Ken without his steady for Saturday night at the Malt Shop? Woman LOL

Ken cruising the toy aisles for Bratz pick ups? Woman LOL

Ken visiting the Star War Legos characters to commiserate with having no dates? Woman LOL

ken always lost out to GI Joe when I did the matchmaking...GI Joe could bend his arms and hug Barbie.  Ken couldn't. 

GI Joe is a manly man, but he isn't afraid of hugging his girlfriend in public and showing some affection. 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@june22 wrote:

When I was a little girl, I loved playing with toy cars, trucks and( now politically incorrect...) toy guns.  I liked playing with the boys and rough housing!

I also was a very girly girl to the extreme. Loved dolls, tea parties, wore dresses even when playing outside.

I think it is good to let the child decide what they want to play with and wear. Children are not colors or sections or certain types of toys.  I think society has put a wall up saying this is feminine, this is masculine...when it is not that black and white.

I say to do away with separating boy and girl toys. 

I liked being a cowgirl!  I had the hat and a cap gun in a holster.  I built my own "horse" out of wooden boxes from the store.

As soon as I was old enough to reach the stirrup and sling one little leg over the saddle, I took horseback riding lessons.

@NoelSeven

Me too! Then by the time I was 14, I had my very own horse! Later we added another horse for my siblings 'cause mine wouldn't let anyone ride him but me.

Horse Hug!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.