Respected Contributor

Since I get the Target gift cards for myself, I purchase them using the Target app. I get the gift card in a couple of hours.

Honored Contributor

@deevawrote:

Since I get the Target gift cards for myself, I purchase them using the Target app. I get the gift card in a couple of hours.

My DH did same thing for us.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

We had a 90th birthday party to attend out of town last weekend - we were scheduled to leave Friday late mornng. A week and a half prior to Thanksgiving, I was on the Target website to order something and I happened to check their GC's. The birthday person likes Red Lobster. I wanted a GC for $100 but could only get multiples of smaller values on Amazon. Target sold the $100 card. The listing details said I would receive my card on the 22nd, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving so I ordered it. The original item I wanted shipped separately and arrived promptly. Once the GC a was in process, however, I received a notice that my delivery date would now be Wednesday - still OK since we weren't leaving Friday. Wednesday came and went, no card. I thought it was liost or stolen. DH said Walgreens sold RL GC's so we could still get one. I tried contacting Targets CS ago cancel the card, but they said GC's are non-refundable. The card still didn't arrive Friday morning so we had to go to Walgreens on our way out of town. An hour or two on the road and I received delivery info that the GC had been delivered. RL isn't somewhere that's a customary first choice for us, I'm allergic to shellfish. There's no one locally that I can gift it to. If I'm unable to resell the card, I'm out $100 bucks 🫤

I realize, my experience wasn't with an actual Target GC, but wanted to relay my story so no one worries, in case their cards don't arrive exactly on the anticipated date.

@JeanLouiseFinch

I would call or do on line chat with customer service and tell them what happened. They made their problem your problem. You did your part - paid them. They didn't do their part. You should get a refund. IMO

Honored Contributor

@scatcatwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

We had a 90th birthday party to attend out of town last weekend - we were scheduled to leave Friday late mornng. A week and a half prior to Thanksgiving, I was on the Target website to order something and I happened to check their GC's. The birthday person likes Red Lobster. I wanted a GC for $100 but could only get multiples of smaller values on Amazon. Target sold the $100 card. The listing details said I would receive my card on the 22nd, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving so I ordered it. The original item I wanted shipped separately and arrived promptly. Once the GC a was in process, however, I received a notice that my delivery date would now be Wednesday - still OK since we weren't leaving Friday. Wednesday came and went, no card. I thought it was liost or stolen. DH said Walgreens sold RL GC's so we could still get one. I tried contacting Targets CS ago cancel the card, but they said GC's are non-refundable. The card still didn't arrive Friday morning so we had to go to Walgreens on our way out of town. An hour or two on the road and I received delivery info that the GC had been delivered. RL isn't somewhere that's a customary first choice for us, I'm allergic to shellfish. There's no one locally that I can gift it to. If I'm unable to resell the card, I'm out $100 bucks 🫤

I realize, my experience wasn't with an actual Target GC, but wanted to relay my story so no one worries, in case their cards don't arrive exactly on the anticipated date.

@JeanLouiseFinch

I would call or do on line chat with customer service and tell them what happened. They made their problem your problem. You did your part - paid them. They didn't do their part. You should get a refund. IMO

Oh, I agree with you 100%, but all gift cards are non-refundable. I saw nothing about that when I was in the purchasing process, but was told that after I tried to get CS to help.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

@ShelbelleALL the cards I bought this morning are for me!

I also keep a gc balace on my account to place a pickup order for someone else.

I can shop the store closest to DS as a pickup order and adding his name as the alternative pickup person.