Honored Contributor

Target Black Friday deal

[ Edited ]

If you're not a Target shopper, feel free to skip this.

One of my favorite Target deals of the year. 

Shop any time tomorrow, Black Friday and spend at least $50. At the register, they will give you a coupon for 20% off one total purchase for the period of Dec. 3rd through Dec. 14th. 

I did this last year and plan to do it again tomorrow. I spent as close to the minimum of $50 as I could (bought a few toys for Toys for Tots) and got the coupon. Then I went back during the coupon period and stocked up on household stuff.  I saved a TON that day. And you can still use coupons and be eligible for any free gift card with purchase deals. 

Other than the 10% off Target gift card deal, which will be in a few weeks, this is my favorite deal. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Target Black Friday deal

@gidgetgh. I'm not sure I want to do this if I can be edible. (dont you just hate autocorrect? ) 🙀😁
Honored Contributor

It IS a good deal and I am a Target shopper, for now anyway, but I have two concerns. First, the window to use the 20% off is fairly short but my major issue is product availability... My closest Target store seems to be increasingly woefully mismanaged and poorly stocked and their website also is too often showing items as being unavailable... I've been shopping Target and enjoying shopping Target since they opened in my area, but they really need to step it up... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It IS a good deal and I am a Target shopper, for now anyway, but I have two concerns. First, the window to use the 20% off is fairly short but my major issue is product availability... My closest Target store seems to be increasingly woefully mismanaged and poorly stocked and their website also is too often showing items as being unavailable... I've been shopping Target and enjoying shopping Target since they opened in my area, but they really need to step it up... 

@stevieb - I've got my stock up list ready to go and will have no problem getting there in the 12 day window. 

I'm sorry your Target isn't up to par. We have and all one really close to us (my favorite)' a regular Target and then a Super Taeget close by.  That store is a little too frenzied for me/. 

Honored Contributor

I always take advantage of the gift card deal, making my list now!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  There are many Target stores located in my area, but the closest store isn't well stocked or, it would seem, well managed. I was told by someone who works there that their corporate office too had labeled it as being not a high volume store so they no longer stock at night, but during the day when shoppers are trying to find what they need and get through the aisles, which were already cramped and now are often blocked... Frankly, it's a bit of a mess... I could go to another store, but like you, I find the ones in 'higher volume' areas tend to be a bit frantic... I like browsing the store and also like shopping Target online, but am lately too often finding items unavailable and although delivery had been quick and easy, lately they've been using Fedex, which is a whole other kettle of fish with its own set of gltiches...

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle - I LOVE the gift card deal. A few weeks from now I think.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb.  Why don't you shoot off an email to corporate headquarters and complain?  So easy to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb.  Why don't you shoot off an email to corporate headquarters and complain?  So easy to do.

@Kachina624  Actually, I did via completing one of the 'tell us how we're doing' gizmos and got a nice email from someone at the store thanking me for my feedback... Meanwhile, absolutely nothing has changed... I've also completed feedback forms online where they ask if they can contact you for more information and I've always agreed they can... Never heard a word... I do think the only way to really be heard is perhaps an actual letter to a VP... I suspect even then you'll be thanked for your feedback and that's about it but I might do it anyway... At a time when stores are struggling, they need to know their own policies and uneven management are a big part of the reason...

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle - I LOVE the gift card deal. A few weeks from now I think.

It should be very soon, the holidays are very close, and Chanukah begins on the 21st.